Maxxair vent vs Fantastic vent? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #29

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I still prefer the MaxxAir, particularly the deluxe with remote. It has more speeds, a smoke lens and seems better built.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #30

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
If I had to choose over again I would go with the MaxxAir as you can run it in the rain as is without having to add a separate cover as you do with the Fantastic Fan.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #31

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I'm in agreement with Carol...I am glad I upgraded to my MaxxAir Deluxe fan because I have left the vent open during all the heavy rains we have had this year with no water getting inside. When I step inside my ParkLiner even with the windows closed its cooler inside then the garage I cut through to get to the driveway because the heat rises up and out the open vent. Worth the upgrade...especially for anyone who has slider windows on their egg and don't camp with full hookups during the summer and it rains... need the air to be able to move around.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #32

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Worth the upgrade...especially for anyone who has slider windows on their egg and don't camp with full hookups during the summer and it rains... need the air to be able to move around.
As I camp in areas north of me as well as down south at various times of year mosture issues are big. Best defence is lots of air movement. The best addition/mod made to my trailer was adding the Window/Maxx vents to the rear side sliders.... probable get the highest use of any other mod made. A bit of a pain to install & choose the correct spacers and screw sizes for your windows to avoid leaks but well worth it once you get it right.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #33

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
I like the Max/Air unit because it has a built in rain cover. I have used one for over 3 years with no problems. It has so many speeds running at night we cannot hear the fan.
Chuck
Old 07-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #34

Name: Richard
Trailer: Bigfoot
Kentucky
I didn't like the exhaust fan that came in my Bigfoot so I swapped out for a Maxxair in 2007. By 2013, the screen had rusted and the fan was so dirty it had become difficult to clean. Now I have 2 Maxxair's, front and back and when I exhaust them and get one nice breeze going... I clean the screens on a regular basis. I like the fact that I can use them even if it is raining. Best bang for my dollar. Company was located in Tampa, Florida but has since moved.