Maxxfan from Maxxair - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G) / Chevy Astro AWD
Hello;

I just bought this, for my Bigfoot.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/product...affiliateid=702

I wanted to add a Maxxair to my Bigfoot, but at 11'' inches high, i wouldnt have enough clearance under my car port. So a dealer suggested this new fan from Maxxair.

Yves.
Yves Pelchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:01 AM   #2

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Yves, my Maxx Fan arrived yesterday and I was looking over the installation instructions when I saw your post. rvwholesalers has the fan for around $208 w/free shipping. These folks are much less organized than C/W but their pricing ain't bad.

http://rvwholesalers.com/catalog/search.php?mode=search

We got caught in some overnight thunderstorms over Memorial Day and spent a miserable night with minimal ventilation. I added the Maxx Air window vents last week and will tackle the fan this morning. The existing roof vent in our Scamp is the so called 'escape hatch' which is much bigger than what's needed for the Maxx Fan so I'll have to cut a new hole. Dang, I hate doing that.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:10 AM   #3
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I've been those. They look great!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Finished up the install this morning. Not counting the two trips I made to town to get parts, it took me about four hours. If I'd been able to use an existing vent cutout, this could probably be cut in half. For anyone planning on this mod, you'll need to use #10 stainless cap screws (16 @ 1.5" and 4 @ 2") or rivets rather than the fasteners provided.

This thing really moves the air. I don't know how it compares to the Fantastic Fan or any other competitive models but I think we're gonna like it.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #5

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16 ft
I got one of these last summer. It was the one luxury item we've added to our used Scamp, and installed, it cost one-fifth the price of the trailer. It's a great fan, I'd highly recommend it. It's actually at its best when it's turned off! I wanted a fan/vent combination that could be left open every day without any chance of rain blowing in, and that's just what this does. It's also nice that it tucks down low to the roofline when towing. Fan-wise, it seems almost identical to the Fantastic, but the vent hood seems much more sophisticated and useful. As for moving the air, well, I can open the windows, set it to exhaust and use the three-speed switch to suck the window curtains up into 20, 30 and 45-degree angles!:>
John Mc is offline   Reply With Quote