Memory Foam Mattress - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe
We had the standard foam mattress in our Scamp Deluxe 5th wheel, but didn't sleep well on it. After researching several mattress options, the final decision maker were the personal experiences from several Casita owners we met while attending the Bluebonnet Casita Rally. They were using the 8" memory foam mattress from Walmart and were quite happy with it.

So we purchased a queen size because we didn't want to loose any width. We hauled it to the camper and removed the vacuum sealed wrapping to allow the mattress to expand. A couple of days later we folded and tied the mattress to remove it from the camper. I then made a kraft paper template of the loft bed area. We laid the mattress on a sheet on the carport and marked it from the template. Then we used the electric knife to cut the curves and length. Once again we hogtied it to wrestle it back into the Scamp. Thankfully it fit perfectly.

We slept on it last weekend while camping in Mississippi and were quite pleased. I had to wrestle it to get the mattress pad and sheets on it. The only thing my husband requested was a thicker mattress pad because the foam was somewhat hot to sleep on. But otherwise, no aching backs.

If you are looking for an alternative permanent mattress we can highly recommend this mattress.

Nita

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4457133
Nita F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Nita....
those are really nice... nothing like a good nites sleep.... I got 2 of the cheapies and put them together so i guess may its 2" at the most.... those trailer cushions are way to hard...and kill my back....
Right now I am trying to fix up the dlx i just purchased to my colors etc..... maybe by next summer I will be done... or is is ever done? LOL
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote