Metal Boler Emblems - Reproduction Cast of ... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Kurt, Do NOT shoot the messenger. I'm not trying to cause anyone problems or discomfort, this is for information only and what you chose to do with the info is up to you:

"Dates in this time-line connected with the Boler trademark have all been confirmed at the Canadian Intellectual Property Office site. The Boler trademark is currently active and owned by Jim Pattison Industries. See Registration Number TMA170511"

The quote above is from here: A Boler Trailer Timeline: History and Development of the Boler Ultralight Fiberglass Trailer | Suite101.com
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #22

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Thanks....and ya I know and thought of it too. But, Pattison is worth $5.8 billion now and I figure he has left Boler dead for all these years so some emblems for these trailers can't hurt. I figure if I was making big $$ it would attract some attention but its all to 'advertise' the Boler name on our trailers anyway.

If he sues me I'll let you all know
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
And Kurt I hope everything works out perfectly. It appears you have a number of folks interested in what you're trying to provide. If I was Jim Pattison, I'd just consider it great FREE marketing
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #24

exactly
Old 10-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #25

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
It seems like Jimmy buys up all the cool vintage Canadiana. He has one of the largest collections of old neon signs from the Vancouver area.
KevC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #26

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
I would be interested in buying two as well. Shoot us an email if and when they become available.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #27

Name: Tim
Alberta
There are plenty of people selling decals and tshirts etc. So I don't know why this would be any different. And any updates yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Kurt, Do NOT shoot the messenger. I'm not trying to cause anyone problems or discomfort, this is for information only and what you chose to do with the info is up to you:

"Dates in this time-line connected with the Boler trademark have all been confirmed at the Canadian Intellectual Property Office site. The Boler trademark is currently active and owned by Jim Pattison Industries. See Registration Number TMA170511"

The quote above is from here: A Boler Trailer Timeline: History and Development of the Boler Ultralight Fiberglass Trailer | Suite101.com
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #28

Just got the invoice today and there is an expected arrival date of Nov. 18.

I only have 10 coming so I will have to order another run. I am waiting to see the results though before I commit a bunch more cash. I sent them an email to inquire about them doing another run. There has been soo much interest I will likely do a run of 20.

I am anxiously awaiting the results...
Old 11-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #29

Name: Tim
Alberta
So then are those 10 already spoken for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt in BC View Post
Just got the invoice today and there is an expected arrival date of Nov. 18.

I only have 10 coming so I will have to order another run. I am waiting to see the results though before I commit a bunch more cash. I sent them an email to inquire about them doing another run. There has been soo much interest I will likely do a run of 20.

I am anxiously awaiting the results...
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #30

I need 2, so there are 8 left. I would not necessarily say they are spoken for... I think the final price will dictate the actual interest. Fortunately being winter now though, there will be lots of time for another run if I run out
Old 11-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #31

British Columbia
Did the emblems show up on Friday?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #32

nope, still waiting
Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #33

small hiccup with shipping . Should be arranged by courier tomorrow and hope to see them by Monday.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #34

They arrived today

The edges are still a rough cast (to keep the cost down) but I have the tools to smooth them out. I think polishing is out though as the centers are fairly rough....unless one spends a lot of time. I need to drill the holes as well.

They look good as is though and I guess it depends on one's preference. The zinc alloy will never rust as is but I have a contact for powder coating and am going to get a quote on having them powder coated. They make a 'triple chrome' powder that may look good too...or plain silver.

I will get some quotes and look at the invoices for the casting and shipping costs before I post a price. I may have a run powder coated and leave another run bare metal in the event people want to do their own thing with them (polish,paint, powder, chromed, leave them as is, ect..). Left as is would be cheaper as well.

I am very happy with the way they turned out so I am sending out an email tomorrow to have another run done.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3419.JPG   IMG_3425.JPG  

Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #35

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt in BC View Post
They arrived today

As you can see, the edges are still a rough cast (I wanted to keep the cost down) but I have the tools to smooth them out. I will start cleaning them up shortly which will give them nice squared off letters. Its just the excess metal from the cast I need to remove.

I think polishing is out though as the centers are fairly rough....unless one spends a lot of time.

They do look good though nd I guess it depends on one's preference. The zinc alloy will never rust as is but I have a contact for powder coating and am going to get a quote on having them powder coated. They make a 'triple chrome' powder that may look good too...or plain silver.

I will get some quotes and look at the invoices for the casting and shipping costs before I post a price. I may have a run powder coated and leave another run bare metal in the event people want to do their own thing with them (polish,paint, powder, chromed, leave them as is, ect..). Left as is would be cheaper as well.

I am very happy with the way they turned out so I am sending out an email tomorrow to have another run done.
Hi Kurt,

They look great, people can get creative with colors and coatings as they wish.

I would love to be on the list for the next batch (looks as though these are all spoken for)

Brad
Brad Judd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #36

British Columbia
Some minor finishing to be done, but they turned out great.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #37

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
I cant wait. :-)
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #38

Name: Anne
Trailer: '74 Boler
Alberta
Hi Kurt,
If you have any left from the 1st or second run of these, I would buy 2!

They look great!
aumpleby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #39

Name: Don
Trailer: 1978 Boler B1700 RGH
Saskatchewan
I would also be interested in two.

Don
Don A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #40

Name: Jude
Trailer: 1973 Honey Boler...
Alberta
I'm still interested in at least one. Thanks.
ceilityme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler