Mods on 04 15B17BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #1

Name: ChrisAnn
Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17CB
Florida
Mods on 04 15B17BC Bigfoot

Could anyone give me any ball park est of what these mods would run and if they are doable?

Roof Air (the specs say it should be pre wired)
Outdoor shower
Put larger black water tank in (says 7gal)
Raise axel
15" wheels/tires

I'm just going to look at one so not sure everything that is on/in it yet.

What other mods have y'all done or seen?

Thanks
ChrisAnn
Solowalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:59 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
The way my trailer was built, and I suspect yours is identical, the black tank is in an area that limits putting a larger tank in. My grey tank usually fills up before the black tank is even half full. Black tank size has never been an issue for me. I did change the 4'' drop axle for a straight axle. The parts cost about $200 and I did all the work myself except for a little welding. There are many ways to go about this modification. New springs, shackles, brakes might also be needed. Wheels and tires could be between $300 to well over $1000 depending on personal choice. The axle lift is a great mod in my opinion and many have already been change. If you are looking at a trailer, it may have been done already.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #3

Florida
Thanks Jack,
What year is yours? Do any of them prior to 2005 (when they changed to the 25 designation) have outside showers? Do you think it would be hard to do or get done? I have a Great Dane so an outside shower would be nice. Someone said that the 15 designation trailers was a pretty thin fiberglass as apposed to the 2005 and later "4 season" ones. My plan is traveling Mar&Apr out to OR coast stay in that area then traveling back sep&oct to Florida, staying in Fl for the winter as I have a house there. How insulated are these? I've never been in one, or anything else for that matter LOL I am an RVing virgin...so to speak LOLOL.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:06 AM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Adding an outside shower on the left side is possible. Both hot and cold plumbing is readily accessible in the left side storage locker. I'm not sure when the double pane windows were first available. Mine is a 94 with single pane windows. The 25 series have more insulation but the newer ones are heavier also. If I was doing lots of cold weather camping, the first area I would address is the power cord access door and insulate that area. There are insulation materials available to add more insulation but they do reduce visibility.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
I added air conditioning to mine. The local RV repair place charged approx. $1000.

http://s293.photobucket.com/user/tom...tml?sort=3&o=6
Old 05-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #6

Florida
Thanks, if all goes well and I get this I have decided to wait a full season at least before deciding on any mods.

Tags
bigfoot