Mods over the winter - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #21

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Quote:
Since my Playpac is missing the water heater I'm especially interested in what you know about these. Tell me everything pleaseeeeeeeee.

Cam
I just bought one from Excel last month. Mine runs on CNG, but there is a propane heater available
as well. Cost me $430 with shipping. It is the size of a small medicine cabinet. Has hookups for gas, in and out water, and no electrical hookups. The water flow runs an impeller, which produces enough power to ignite the gas. I have it installed in my sailboat. LOVE IT!!! Their website is: excelamerica.com. They sell on e-bay. I used a credit card through Paypal. No problems.
Gail
gail todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #22

Trailer: Surfside
No Mods over the winter, but here are pics of what I have done so far........recovered cushions, painted furnace vent, new flooring. In the Spring will fix/paint the walls and do new curtains.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer2_002.jpg   resize_003.jpg  

Trailer245.jpg  
Attached Images

Rae M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #23

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Quote:
No Mods over the winter, but here are pics of what I have done so far........recovered cushions, painted furnace vent, new flooring. In the Spring will fix/paint the walls and do new curtains.
Nice job on the sewing stuff. Bet you got those goblets at Sears.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #24

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Quote:

I'm looking to recover my 22 year old cushions to match my color scheme in my egg....can I ask where you found your cushion fabric?

Thanks,
Carol
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #25

Trailer: Surfside
Quote:
I'm looking to recover my 22 year old cushions to match my color scheme in my egg....can I ask where you found your cushion fabric?

Thanks,
Carol

I found the material on Ebay. The seller is FabricCarolina. They had a few different ones I liked. Check them out!

Rae M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:30 AM   #26

Trailer: Play Pac
Quote:
I just bought one from Excel last month. Mine runs on CNG, but there is a propane heater available
as well. Cost me $430 with shipping. It is the size of a small medicine cabinet. Has hookups for gas, in and out water, and no electrical hookups. The water flow runs an impeller, which produces enough power to ignite the gas. I have it installed in my sailboat. LOVE IT!!! Their website is: excelamerica.com. They sell on e-bay. I used a credit card through Paypal. No problems.
Gail
Thanks Gail, I'm putting that in my file. Have you used it a bunch? Do you vent it to the oustide?

Camilla
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I re-upholstered my Casita last year. I recommend this place if you are looking for some cool retro material. I bought some curtain material from her and was very pleased. She's out of Toronto Canada.

http://www.tonicliving.com/index.asp

brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #28

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Quote:
Thanks Gail, I'm putting that in my file. Have you used it a bunch? Do you vent it to the oustide?

Camilla
I live on my boat, and have used the new water heater for about a month. It is ventless, but my previous heater was vented. I just left the old vent cap in place. A vent wouldn't be needed on a trailer-check out the website for details.
Gail
gail todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #29

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
We never use our cooktop because it heats up the camper too much. We bought a combination microwave/toaster oven and do all of our indoor cooking with it. We plan to remove the cooktop and add a new countertop. Then we will cut out the utensil drawer underneath to make room for a bigger refrigerator.

Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:15 AM   #30

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Pat and I plan on installing a 42" LCDHD Sony Bravia and an entertainment center in our rig this winter and wire it all up with satellite receiver and Blueray DVD and disk players. We put an automatic sat dish on the roof last month (looks like a Weber Bar-B-Que).

All this in the hopes of going full time as soon as Pat also retires.

Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:04 AM   #31

Trailer: Trillium
Quote:
Phil

I went to a junkyard and found that Ford Ranger steel wheels fit right on my 1300.
I am talking about the cheap ones.
Sorry for the bad picture but I think you can get the idea.
thanks for posting the pic - unfortunately, i don't recognize that wheel from any ford ranger I've seen. if anyone else has put aluminium wheels on a trillium please post a pic too, thanks
Phil H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:32 AM   #32

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
..as I stated earlier, I used the factory stock "sport rims" (neglected to add that part) from our now departed Mazda p/u on our Trillium. I then switched to American Racing Torque Thrust polished aluminum rims. I have paper pix (burried somewhere) of both, but nothing to speak off stashed away on my p.c. but here is one I just found with the A/R Torque Thrust Wheels on...
Attached Thumbnails
FireCracker_Run___07.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #33

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Doug,

I'm off topic here I know, but how did you get your egg to be so shiny? I think I can see myself!

What's your secret?
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 AM   #34

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Well, the trailer IS painted ( for 2 or 3 years now), so I guess that helps. The color of choice is an 'In Your Face' commercial white paint used by the Ford Co.

I have yet to wax it, just wash it as often as I can and use ONLY better quality car wash soap rinsing quickly. The quick rinse process also helps (I think) cut the (already mild) car wash soap so that no residue can collect.

I guess thats about it ....

........OH!, and BTW Thanks for the compliment!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #35

Trailer: 1990 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I re-upholstered my Casita last year. I recommend this place if you are looking for some cool retro material. I bought some curtain material from her and was very pleased. She's out of Toronto Canada.

http://www.tonicliving.com/index.asp
Very interesting patterns!

Did they sew the cushion covers for you or did you just buy the fabric from them?

I'm looking to have some cushion covers made for me.

Thanks for the info.

Maggie
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Registry
Quote:
Very interesting patterns!

Did they sew the cushion covers for you or did you just buy the fabric from them?

I'm looking to have some cushion covers made for me.

Thanks for the info.

Maggie
Hi Maggie,

I just bought my curtain fabric from them. I had a local upholsterer redo my cushions for me. Here's the only photo I have of my curtains and cushions.

brian.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mcsitastovemod.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	10966
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #37

Trailer: 1990 16 ft Scamp Deluxe

Groovy!
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #38

Trailer: Casita 2005 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
That wire that I think I see holding your stove cover in an open flat position: What is that attached to in the roof area? That is something that I would be interested in doing. Thanks for your help. Tom
Tom & Virginia Allin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Registry
That's my stove cover mod. I cut the chain off that held the cover up at a 90 degree angle so I could lay it flat and have more counter space. It's held there with a wire that clips into a key ring on the cover then goes up to an eye bolt in the upper cabinet. I placed it slightly out from a postion directly above. I used big flat fender washers inside the upper cabinet to disperse the weight although we really don't put much weight on it. When not in use we unclip the wire, close the cover, and store the wire in the upper cabinet. Total cost about $2.00.

keyring and clip on cover

Name:	custovemod.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	10970

eyebolt in upper cabinet

Name:	custovemod2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	10971

overall setup

Name:	mcsitastovemod2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	10972
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 AM   #40

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Yes a 9 foot high Scamp will fit through an 8 foot door. I have the Scamp in my heated shop By removing hubs and backing plates and setting on car dollies it came through the door so have started some major changes Raised the axel 1 inch And putting in laminated wood floor. Cut off rear bumper and extended it 1 foot for a storage compartment on the rear similar to a vintage car trunk It will be very lite all aluminium and sealed weather tight. Mostly for chairs and the like. Adding new larger tires and will be removing more fiberglass around the wheels and adding rubber flairs, to acomadate larger tires
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote