Moguland - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Donna is looking through her hard drive for more photos of the "Moguland" Boler that is shown in post #1 of this thread (I asked to see more of it in another thread). In the meantime, I found a couple more of it in other threads.

This photo shows a bit of the front and what must be a small seat (since in the reflection in the mirror in the earlier photos it looks like there is an entertainment center where the rest of the seat would be).

Click image for larger version

Name:	boler_yachty_interior_3.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	16888

This one shows what must have been the "working prototype" for the later braces.

Name:	boler_yachty_interior_prototype_brace.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	16889
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Raya, according to my notes about Moguland, you're correct. That top picture was the prototype. Here's what the owner said:
"The sides of the mirror are framed in with upper cabinet support which are made of solid cherry with a nice arced pattern and cutouts. The wood is finished in gloss varathane. These supports will be replaced with slightly wider version (the second pic above)."

"Supports, look a little better than the wrought iron ones I took out, and the ones they still use today."

Here's the entertainment center:

Name:	EntertainmentCenter.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	16890

"The entertainment unit extends up to the ceiling and into that tight corner beside the door, coming out at roughly 45 deg. from the bunk. It holds a flat screen stereo TV, a stereo VCR, a 170 watt DVD surround system (Samsung) and storage for DVD's and other stuff. Yes, it's probably the best sounding Boler trailer around. Movies are a real pleasure, especially when it's hot outside!"

"Everything in the trailer is wired through a fuse panel and to heavy duty separate marine type (some backlit) black rocker switches on a panel on the side of the TV cabinet. When you enter you can turn on inverter, water pump, floor lights, etc; all from the panel."

Here's the stove and info about it and the granite countertop:

Name:	Stove.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	16891

"The stove is a Force 10 Marine stainless stove and sits down inside the countertop. It’s completely safe to use inside a fiberglass trailer. The granite, I've tiled it with 3/8" thick, 12" by 12" emerald pearl granite, with 1/16" grout lines, and a 2" solid wood nosing. I glued them down with Sikaflex, and will fill the joints with black Sikaflex also. After a very rough fishing trip, nothing moved, nothing cracked."

Check out the cool wine rack!:

Name:	Refer_Wine.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	16892

"Wine rack is yet to be finished and grill above fridge also. I’ll have rope lighting up behind the wine rack so it illuminates the wine bottles."

About the mirrored backsplash:
"I've added a gold-tinted plexi-mirror to the wall behind the stove and it acts as a backsplash, makes the trailer look a lot bigger, helps people watch the TV from the right side of the trailer, and adds a touch of class. It all looks great with the halogen pucks above it, shining down on the sparkling granite."
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #3

Here's more.

Name:   CornerShelf.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  14.6 KB

"Small shelf on left holds small items or drinks, also adds strength to the area. The trick to making things look good is hiding all the ugly stuff, like supports, screws."

Name:	PuckLightSwitches.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	16894

"Switch for puck lights below 110v outlet. Support runs behind to hold the counter from flexing. The back edge of the counter was fiberglassed to the body."

Name:	Floor_01.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	16895

"The new flooring I just put in. It's a real rosewood veneer in a floating floor, glue together. I had this left over from a job and seems to work out perfectly, really going well with everything, especially the table. This is where templates come in handy as I glued the whole floor in my garage, traced the template on, cut it out and dropped the whole floor into place. Along the edge of the flooring is a strip of the rubber foam also used as the underlayment. This keeps the floor in place but still allows seasonal movement, I hope. The aluminum checker plate under the table was bent by a shop and I bent the one for the entryway wrapping under and protecting the plywood. I then countersunk a couple stainless #6 screws to hold them in place."

Name:   CornerCabinet.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  10.6 KB

"Front bunk holds inverter, sub-box, fuses, and lots of storage. Door to go under DVD player, and one above TV, also for storage. I am currently rewiring the inverter so that I can place the switch on the switch panel, instead of having to open the hatch door to access the inverter directly. This allows me to come in, hit the switch, and have everything available to turn on. This sort of work really costs very little money, but takes a little time. You get what you put in!"
Attached Thumbnails
Floor_02.jpg  
Old 11-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #4

And lastly.

Name:   Closet.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  12.9 KB

"Nice large closet with drawer and hinged door on bottom. Only Sikaflex is holding these cabinets in, but I would consider using a different technique next time for extra strength, such as slotting the ply in the back, tabbing in poly cloth, and resining it to the shell. Used flush mounting knobs that pop-out."

"If you notice the granite countertop, most of it is in cut-outs, so i didn't add as much weight as some would believe. The cabinets will add minimally more, they're quite light. I'll be weighing it once it's complete, but I would imagine it to be around 1300lbs. dry."

Old 11-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Thanks for adding those pics Donna! What a good looking trailer!
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #6

Indeed, thank you for going to the trouble.

Sweet!

R.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
I remember that one - an amazing display of workmanship and ingenuity. At the same time, I would be scared to get it dirty while camping!

Glad you found those pics, Donna, and thanks for posting!
Jake Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #8

Here are the two photos from the "Interiors" thread - they're the ones that made me want to see more.
Attached Thumbnails
post_165_1145772684.jpg   post_165_1145772704.jpg  

Old 11-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
This mod is amazing!

Is this trailer still around? (Sorry if that was already discussed somewhere...)

VERY classy....I like it a lot!
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #10

Quote:
This mod is amazing!

Is this trailer still around? (Sorry if that was already discussed somewhere...)

VERY classy....I like it a lot!
Probably still around and proudly owned by someone... we just don't know where. Kevin, the previous owner sold it on eBay back in 2005, that's where I got the information... from his website which is now dead.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Thank you Donna...
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Yes, Ms. Donna - - for finding & posting these pics. As stated, very classy! L 'n D
Old 11-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #13

Trailer: 1973 Bug-eyed Boler
I remember that site. I believe he was selling it for $6000 in 2005. Back then I thought "wow that's a lot". I bought mine for $2500 in late 2004. Now I think what a steal! Thanks for posting that - I could never find those photos again and I had always liked them.

Gail
Gail S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #14

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Have to bump this. It really is a nice looking remodel.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #15
Nat

Name: Nathan
Trailer: 75 Boler
B.C.
Diamond plate adds a nice finishing touch.
Another thing added to the list.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 AM   #16

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I like the plexiglass cupboard supports. Diamond plate has a place but a bit too industrial for me in most cases.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:45 AM   #17

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Thank you Donna!! Wowza! That one-a classic!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMarie View Post
Thank you Donna!! Wowza! That one-a classic!
It is nice, isn't it. Moguland was sold on eBay back in 2006 for three times what the trailer cost new. And we haven't seen it since. Not on any of the forums, not on Facebook. There's been no sightings posted anywhere. I just hope the owners are out enjoying the trailer!
Old 03-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #19

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
AMAAAZING story Donna...thank you!! for being the keeper of all these very special stories to share with us all!! XOXOXO
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote