More Escape 19 mod pictures (some one asked) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape
More Escape 19 mod pictures (some one asked)

New front table design for two or maybe more to be comfortable enough to fall asleep with TV on. The bench behind the table can be lifted to make the table a four place dinette again. Just toss the cushion on the bed and the original tall post will support the second half of the full size table.
Attached Thumbnails
P1000390.jpg   P1000391.jpg  

Jack Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Jack, can you get by the table to the seating without moving the table, or does it slide sideways like the regular 19 table or toward the front wall like the 5.0?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #3

19 table

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
Jack, can you get by the table to the seating without moving the table, or does it slide sideways like the regular 19 table or toward the front wall like the 5.0?
Danny, I can slide through, but it is easier if I just twist the table on the post to give a little more space. I should have Nancy use the driver side, she has no problem fitting. The rear edge of the table, toward the bed is farther forward and gives a little more room in general.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #4

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Jack, thanks so much for posting this--I love it! I'm just in the process of putting my "new" Boler together, and I've contemplated about every possibility for the table! This is a great idea.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
Jack,
There are three of us in our Escape 19 and I have experimented with a different table combination. Since we were moving the table up and down frequently I quickly became frustrated with getting the two tubes lined up and lifting a heavy table at an awkward angle. One solution I have tried is replacing the pedestal legs with three folding RV legs. It is better, as it lightened the table and eliminated the pedestals.

I like your idea better and have some questions: 1) what is the dimensions of the two tables, 2) how did you come up with the cushions, 3) is the smaller pedestal a stock RV item or something you had fabricated, 4)estimated cost.

We have a luxury to experiment as our original table was a tad too large to drop into the opening and Escape sent us a replacement table. Thus we could have both options.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #6

19' escape table

Paul, we had Reace make up the two tables that are 18" by about 31 so they can fit on the tracks to make up a bed. the table next to the wall is also the base for the bench so to convert to a bed you only have to lower the one table and move the cushion from the bench to allow the two cushions to complete the original bed area. For additional support under the bench by the wall I cut a piece of 2" plastic pipe and painted it silver to help support the bench. The seat cushion is 21 by 31 and the back rest cushion is 70" by what ever the back rest cushions are by 4" thick. We ordered it all from Reace and he hasn't told me what it cost. We are happy with the change. Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Braun View Post
Jack,
There are three of us in our Escape 19 and I have experimented with a different table combination. Since we were moving the table up and down frequently I quickly became frustrated with getting the two tubes lined up and lifting a heavy table at an awkward angle. One solution I have tried is replacing the pedestal legs with three folding RV legs. It is better, as it lightened the table and eliminated the pedestals.

I like your idea better and have some questions: 1) what is the dimensions of the two tables, 2) how did you come up with the cushions, 3) is the smaller pedestal a stock RV item or something you had fabricated, 4)estimated cost.

We have a luxury to experiment as our original table was a tad too large to drop into the opening and Escape sent us a replacement table. Thus we could have both options.

Tags
escape