More Good, Bad, Ugly - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #1

Name: Jo
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Texas
Registry
More Good, Bad, Ugly

Are you bored yet?
Attached Thumbnails
bath2.jpg   bathshelf.jpg  

plmbgcover.jpg   ugliestrepair.jpg  

uglyrepair.jpg   bath.jpg  

cooktop.jpg   sinkshelffaucet.jpg  

trillycabhandle.jpg   trillyfrigdoor2.jpg  

Jo R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Not bored in the least. Keep 'em coming. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm with Raz... not bored at all and I'm still waiting for the UGLY. I've seen worse, much worse... but as long as the owner was pleased... truly THAT's what counts! I know lots of tent campers who would be envious... and some molded owners going through rehabs who are hoping to have a trailer as nice.

Not leaking is ALWAYS good!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
It's a trilling improvement!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #5

Name: Ronnie
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 13, 72 Alpine Sprite
Alabama
Nice work!!
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Love the percolator!
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #7

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryNPaul View Post
Love the percolator!
Thanks you fellow campers. I think your little rolling "home" should be for you and fit your needs. It does feel good, to have someone say something positive, however. Just our human nature, I think, to enjoy the pat on the back, from others. As hard as I scrubbed and painted and etc., etc., to just achieve this level of camper cute! I can't imagine how very hard, some of you work to produce the beauties that you do. The best part is, all these vintage campers will move into the future and continue to be enjoyed. I like that idea very much. JO
Old 11-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #8

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Looks great, very comfortable and clean, what more does a person need!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
Jo, you need to change your profile!
Pat B Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #10

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat B Ohio View Post
Jo, you need to change your profile!
I do-oo? sorry, I am a newbie...am I missing something?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo R. View Post
I do-oo? sorry, I am a newbie...am I missing something?
Jo, go to User CP
Click image for larger version

Name:	UserCP.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	41259

Click on Edit Details:

Name:   EditDetails.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  18.0 KB

Near the bottom of the first menu, put in your trailer type.
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVType.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	41260
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #12

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Not that we'll thump you if you don't update, or anything like that... ... but now that you have a Trillium and are no longer "shopping", it would be exciting to see that on the sidebar of your posts.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #13

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I haven't been bored since I was a teenager and that was well over 50 years ago. There's too much to life to be bored.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #14

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I haven't been bored since I was a teenager and that was well over 50 years ago. There's too much to life to be bored.
Well, isn't that the truth! Who has time to be bored? And, who would have known...the older that you get, the more you have to learn <_<.Thank all, JO
Old 11-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #15

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo R. View Post
Are you bored yet?
No, not bored, I am in awe of your bathroom/shower. Could you please post some more pictures of it and describe how it is set up? How is your toilet installed? I am thinking of a shower in ours, but have to find a way to do it without getting rid of the front dinette or the rear bed. I am thinking about some kind of space using the front seat by the door and making it convertible into a shower, somehow. Your pictures and thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick G.
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #16

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
No, not bored, I am in awe of your bathroom/shower. Could you please post some more pictures of it and describe how it is set up? How is your toilet installed? I am thinking of a shower in ours, but have to find a way to do it without getting rid of the front dinette or the rear bed. I am thinking about some kind of space using the front seat by the door and making it convertible into a shower, somehow. Your pictures and thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick G.
Hi Rick. I would be glad to take some more pics, however, the ones you have seen, pretty much tell the story...it's a very small space. Evidently, there was a bunk/sofa on the opposite end from the dinette. That was removed. There is actually, a plywood wall and an accordian latching door. A shower pan was installed. I believe some sort of "coating" was applied to the shower area and the pan, but the wall is actually just the exterior shell, in that area. As you can see, the hoses that provide water to the shower faucet are bracketed along the wall. They are running through the galley cabinet (I guess from the original water hook-ups), they come through the wall and snake around.

I did some research on the toilet. It took the old guy and I a bit, to figure how the thing worked . It is a Marine toilet, that is permanently installed. It is electric flush and there is a gauge that tells you if the water tank (I think about 6 gallons) is low. You do have to fill the water tank manually. However, the toilet is hooked up with a sewer drain that will drain into a camp hook-up or dump. It works great, but I did about choke when I saw the prices of these ($$$). Also, we don't know yet, if it will flush when you are on battery power. Haven't tackled the converter/battery job yet

So, in the narrow area that was once a bunk, the toilet sits at one side and the shower at the other. It's not that bad. At least you are not sitting on the pot-tee, with your feet in the shower. Although, one of those toilet/shower units might work for you, in your space(?). We are thrilled to have the "bathroom". It is highly functional. It is just that the finishing details could have been a little nicer and more professional. Honestly, we are really not complaining though.

I am probably not helping much, but if you have any specific questions, I will try to answer. Or if there is some particular thing, that you would like to see a pic of, be glad to do that. JO
Old 11-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #17

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
looking great, jo! but more importantly---are you still having fun doing the work? THAT is the key for me...making it "your own" being fun and not just WORK.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #18

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
looking great, jo! but more importantly---are you still having fun doing the work? THAT is the key for me...making it "your own" being fun and not just WORK.
Hi, Theresa. Yes, I am having fun. SOMEtimes, a job is frustrating...such as, a screen that I have been trying to "invent" for the door. I have done, done and redone, but finally, it is up there and seems to be working. Used a roller shade tube and screening. I put those plastic shelves that pop together, in the closet and that fit well and it will work (easy, easy). Since the closet was sacrificed, decided to purchase zippered hanging closet "shelves" and hang it in the shower, moving it around the corner to a hook, when the shower is needed. Shower is too good of a space, to not make use of, when it's not being used. The bag will hold, at least a couple of days of clothes and our night clothes, etc. Am always checking here, to see new ideas. JO