My 72 Boler Reno - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by slots881 View Post
Thanks Donna! That is something I did know about paint. What I haven't decided yet, is which kind of wax to use. Any tips?
Frankly, I don't think it matters on fresh paint... but, stay away from those silicone-based waxes ... usually called something about 'wet look' or 'once a year...' the important thing about wax is that it's easy enough to apply and remove.. and that you'll DO IT! Plan on waxing (with a good wax) at least twice a year (the last time just before 'winterizing.' From my experience (YMMV) the top and nose section of the trailer need a good wax job more than from the belly band down (that's a once a year job).

Consider waxing the trailer a good exercise plan for the the human body. Don't make it a 'chore' but a fun time... music and a couple beverages of choice.. whether that's green tea or a cola product or beer or... it really doesn't have to be a 'chore.'

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #22

Name: Darragh
Trailer: 1972 Boler
Alberta
Registry
Just a little update:
Cushions have been going slowly.
On the inside, I've put up some LED lighting. They are simple stick on puck lights that run off AAA batteries. They can be pushed on, or they are controlled wirelessly by a switch.

Knobs were painted and installed. Water lines were hooked up, Fridge installed but now I have to make a facade to cover up the larger space.
Ikea hanging hooks were also put up on the underside of the cabinets.

slots881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #23

Name: Jason
Trailer: 75 boler
Saskatchewan
Just curious in the earlier photos it looks like you did a lot of work on the outside. Did you take the cupboards off and then reattch them, if so how did you put them back up. just curious. Looks great and i like the paint job.
sheephills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #24

Alberta
Registry
Yes the cupboards were removed and then reattached with Ss bolts.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #25

Name: Jason
Trailer: 75 boler
Saskatchewan
thats stainless steal bolts right. what size bolts did you use. just stuck on what i want to do. either rivet or bolt them or urethane glue them in i got the idea from another thread on this site.
sheephills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #26

Name: Tracy
Trailer: purchasing a Boler
Alberta
I like how you've done the puck LEDs on the ceiling, Darragh. May I ask where you found those?
CheekyTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #27

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
looking great, darragh!!!

the backsplash adds such a wonderful accent. can't wait to see the interior "soft" stuff.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #28

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyTracy View Post
I like how you've done the puck LEDs on the ceiling, Darragh. May I ask where you found those?

Hi Cheeky,
The puck LED's were purchased from Costco. They came in packs of 4 and operate wirelessly. Up to 20 pucks can be linked to 1 switch! They do take 3 AAA batteries, but I figured in my case it was better than running all that wire..
Old 07-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #29

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
looking great, darragh!!!

the backsplash adds such a wonderful accent. can't wait to see the interior "soft" stuff.

The interior cushions are almost completed! We have the rear bunk all finished up and now the fiancee is just finishing up the front bunk cushions.

I also just finished wiring up the battery and the fridge and converter.
Propane has just been professionally installed also.

Pictures will be up soon!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #30

Alberta
Registry
The rear cushions are finished! Only ones left now is the front bench set.
They look good and are super comfy.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #31

Name: Amy
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Alberta
Nice!

I love the new cushions and the butcherblock countertop. I was wondering about doing something like that with ours - did you just mount the wood countertop on top of the existing FB counter? Need to reinforce it with anything?
Amy and Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #32

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy and Ty View Post
I love the new cushions and the butcherblock countertop. I was wondering about doing something like that with ours - did you just mount the wood countertop on top of the existing FB counter? Need to reinforce it with anything?

Thanks! The countertop is just a laminate one from Ikea. I had to trim the backside of it because all the countertops I found were to deep to fit the Boler counter. I didn't reinforce anything as my "kitchen unit" already had reinforcements put in along the sides and up the middle.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #33

Name: Tracy
Trailer: purchasing a Boler
Alberta
Thanks, Darragh
I think I may do the same as I am not in a position to do any rewiring any time soon. Thanks for sharing your ideas! This site has been so helpful for newbies such as me!
CheekyTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #34

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
You certainly have a lot of talent Darragh! I don't know what you do for a living, but if I were you, I would seriously consider restoring FG campers!
GREAT JOB!
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #35

Alberta
Registry
Thanks for the vote of confidence BigLew! To tell you the truth. I had absolutely no prior reno experience before starting my Boler. I learned wiring/electrical from some friends, the web, and books/manuals. A lot of the renos were done by trial and error.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #36

Alberta
Registry
Here are some of the finished pictures of the interior. All the cushions are finished. Shelves are stocked with storage boxes. Our maiden voyage is in 2 weeks, we're taking her out to Kelowna! I can't wait!

Old 07-25-2014, 05:47 AM   #37

Name: Tim
Trailer: boler
Ontario
nice job.

Enjoyed reading about your reno. in the midst of a boler reno myself. Totally gutted and started from scratch. Doing it on a shoestring budget.. Never owned a camper of any type before so it's all new. But definitely not camping though. Well done and it looks great.
slimmit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1972, boler, brightside, renovation