My best add-on: Air conditionned in my U-haul CT-13 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #81

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
Thanks for the pics of the deflectors! We will have to do that when we get back from our weekend trip.
Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:45 AM   #82

Name: Mike
Trailer: Uhaul
Florida
Thank you so much for all your help! I am going to begin the A/C install today.
I have a question about the drain underneath...from your picture, it appears that you added a 90 degree adapter and a length of PVC? Where does it go? Why not allow it to drain straight down?
Uhaul Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #83

Name: Mike
Florida
Dan?
I am not trying to be a pest, but can you tell me what you used to make the black "cup" that catches the runoff condensation water?
Uhaul Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #84

Name: Dan
Trailer: U-Haul CT-13 1985
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhaul Mike View Post
Dan?
I am not trying to be a pest, but can you tell me what you used to make the black "cup" that catches the runoff condensation water?
It is a ABS reducer with a thread on the small hole.
Youhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:35 PM   #85

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
NICE well thought out work Dan!! Love it when an owner does a mod that fits in so well and doesnt look like a major after thought!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #86

Name: David
Trailer: Trillium 13'
Ontario
Hey Dan I have an Air con unit that I am modding also for this purpose. Instead of putting the holes in the side- would it not be just easier to put them in the bottom?. Opinions?..Actually after looking- I am going to rip out the furnace from my trailer (1976 and I don't trust it) and install the air conditioner right there - I can then utilize the vent hole/grating that already there for one of the vents. Would you say its best to use that for the hot air or cold?.. I'll add a 6" for the other probably in the floor and separate the air flows..

Cheers Dave
MoDZuKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #87

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoDZuKi View Post
Hey Dan I have an Air con unit that I am modding also for this purpose. Instead of putting the holes in the side- would it not be just easier to put them in the bottom?. Opinions?..Actually after looking- I am going to rip out the furnace from my trailer (1976 and I don't trust it) and install the air conditioner right there - I can then utilize the vent hole/grating that already there for one of the vents. Would you say its best to use that for the hot air or cold?.. I'll add a 6" for the other probably in the floor and separate the air flows..

Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,

It could work if the air flow for the inlet and outlet are on the floor. However, I am wondering how you will block these holes when the A/C is not in function. Personnaly, I like the fact that I can seal these holes when the A/C is not in function. I prevent mud and dust to penetrate in the unit.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:01 AM   #88

Name: Geeg
Texas
Electrical connection.

Great mod. I am currently wiring my ct13 with a PD4045. Can I ask where you located the outlet for your ac? Not a lot of space! Is it on a dedicated circuit? Ampler for breaker? Wire size?
I also wonder about using the space for a portable heater in winter, does the ac remove easily?
GregoryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #89

Quebec
Can I ask where you located the outlet for your ac? On top of left side using a surface mount standard outlet box glued with PL.

Is it on a dedicated circuit? Not yet but I am planning to install a separate breaker.

Ampler for breaker? Wire size?
Standard #14 as the AC cunsume less than 15 Amps.

Does the ac remove easily? Not really. It is installed to stay permanently.
Attached Thumbnails
Electrical outlet.jpg  
Old 03-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #90

Name: Geeg
Texas
Thanks for the info. I am doing the install now and am thinking about a slightly different option, but it is always great to see what thoughtful people have done. Since I was hoping to put an external outlet on I hope that by adding it to the outside corner of the space I can use the port as a feed for an extension cord. If it works I will share.
GregoryP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul