My 'Eggstreme Makeover - RV Edition' - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #15

Name: Clive
Trailer: Boler American #3104
Florida
Registry
Quote:
I've wondered if it would not be possible to MacGuyver some of the "baby" shades you see attached to many auto rear windows with suction cups.
But why not just tint all the windows? I did. Of course you still need shades for privacy but dark tint makes it very hard to see in during the daytime.

My suggestion for keeping the curtain rails on is zip ties!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #16

Trailer: 1976 Scamp
Registry
Quote:
But why not just tint all the windows? I did. Of course you still need shades for privacy but dark tint makes it very hard to see in during the daytime.

My suggestion for keeping the curtain rails on is zip ties!

The plexi is tinted. The shades are for privacy at night.
I did figure out a way to keep the roller shade in the bracket - silver florist wire. Worked great!

Old 06-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #17

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Thanks!
Actually, they are the inexpensive vinyl roller shades. Got them at Lowes and had them cut to size. I wanted to do the cheap roman shades from Ikea --- but they don't sell them anymore due to a recall because of a death of a child. The roller shades work pretty well. One needs some adjustment - it won't roll up like the others. I mounted them using l[b]attice strip adhered with Gorilla Glue (used duct tape to hold in place while the glue set). Then screwed the brackets onto the wood strip. Painted then caulked the gaps. I do need to figure out how to keep them from jumping out of the bracket while going down the road. I took the trailer out yesterday for a test drive and some of the shades fell down.
Thanks again!
A little "tip" I got from a finish carpenter on one of the home remodeling forums -- PL Polyurethane Construction Adhesive -- comes in caulking gun tubes at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

The stuff is thick enough that it doesn't run down out of the joint and often doesn't even need duct tape or whatever to hold it in place. It also doesn't foam up like Gorilla Glue and doesn't harden up in its container before you get a chance to use is.

I love the stuff! Try it, you might like it!

I lov