Michigan
Looks wonderful Deryk, really impressive

Old 05-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #16

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Thanks!...

Yeah Conrad, Sailrite's walking foot machine. In 12 years of ownership I've taken it in twice for a clean and timing adjustment....it just runs through heavy material like its nothing. Well worth the $900 some dollars I spent on it.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #17

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
Cool. I've often thought about getting one. I have a buddy with an even bigger one with a three phase power supply.

I need to make a canvas top for this center console I bought. I think I'll start by making a template out of cheap plastic canvas and then try to repurpose some old sails. If I muck it up I can try again. The T top is about weird. Two kinds of snaps. Need to figure out how that was intended to work.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #18

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah its handy to have... and being one of those crazy artist types I can redo the covers anytime I find an upholstery fabric I like that's on sale lol. I'm not perfect but I figure by the time I make 10 more sets of covers the skills will keep improving lol.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #19

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
Sewing is a nice skill to have. I thought about finding work as a sail maker just for that reason. My aunt who has been the best at this skill in the family has been visiting the last few days. I find myself regretting not asking her more about the topic. Perhaps I'll give her a call this morning. Watching her it seems to be all about making patterns

I would not attempt to recover my uphostery. I would like to hire an expert at some point. The original dinette is quite ugly as it is. A teal and white flower print that turns my stomach. I'd like a solid color tweed in a dark green.

I've been covering the seats with towels and that is working out OK. I have thought about using shirt garter ms or bungees to hold them in place. There is something to be said for quick and easy cleaning.

I have considered pulling the seat cushions off and installing a pair of office seats and a smaller table. My dinette has overhead cabinets that make it unsuitable for more than two people. I would be sacrificing the option to concert it to a guest bed. I am not sure that will matter. Is rather have a comfortable chair to work at and use the extra space for storage or dog beds.

Tags
parkliner, vin