My ever evolving ParkLiner interior - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #1

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
My ever evolving ParkLiner interior

Well after my father passed away last fall I ended up moving in with my 79yo mom. Sucks most of the furniture I bought 15 months earlier after moving off the boat that got totaled from Hurricane Sandy was no longer needed (had no room for the futon couch (frame was a good used hard wood one off of craigslist for $40....the futon on the other hand was $300 and so comfortable. So I thought about what to do with it....and.....
Attached Thumbnails
20110706_00000160.jpg   1234596_10151641925916795_1922361248_n.jpg  

dragonspread.jpg   1236664_10151641925871795_1455058945_n.jpg  

555378_10151641926011795_1067304598_n.jpg   cushions!.jpg  

new couch3.jpg   new couch2.jpg  

new couch1.jpg  

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Very nice looking arrangement, Deryk. Sorry about all the changes that brought you to this application, but I like what you've done with the place!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #3

Name: Richard
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Deryk, that is absolutely stunning!

Rick and Jessica
kb1flr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #4

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Looks great! Love your colors.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #5

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Deryk: Perfect timing. I just posted the need to make my 13' Scamp dinette a permanent bed, and you came up the the futon mattress idea. Another person had put plywood on gas struts to access storage under the bed. Another good idea to incorporate. The ideas are starting to percolate!!!

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #6

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks! I'm liking it a lot....camping in the Pocono mountains right now and remembered to drop my rear stabilizers....with the couch all the way at the back I have to....before I was almost sleeping above the axle lol.

Next year I'm going to start adding some wood to the interior to make my ParkLiner more "cabin'esque"!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #7

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

deryk Glamper,

way cool what you've done in there.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Okay deryk, I've followed you long enough to know that you KNOW HOW TO SEW! Isn't it totally cool you've been able to repurpose an asset

Cool beans! I can't even thread a needle without help!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Beautiful! You're making lemonaide of lemons!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #10

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks! I'm also Mr Bargain Shopper lol.... got the material on sale at the upholstery place for $4 a yard...so it makes the job so much better lol.

But I really do like the feeling of the larger interior inside. Ive been going through reorganizing, and removing stuff that I'm not useing...for example I had a small rv sized dish strainer....well ever since I got the stove cover I have just been laying a dish cloth over it and letting the dishes dry on that....so one more thing removed lol. I have a frying pan that's coming out.... have 2 with lids already(one cast iron, the other Revere ware) My old backpacking cook set is going to come out as soon as I can find a cool stainless steel teapot....since my cooking is pretty limited.

Ah I love camping and having wifi lol

Old 05-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #11

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Lookin good Deryk! We're on our way home from the OBX, had a great week, nice weather, even jumped completely in the Atlantic yesterday.

We're hauling the old ParkLiner to Allegany State Park in a couple weekends for our first camping outage, even if for only the weekend. Wish I hadn't wasted a week of vacation at a condo, but had no choice after making the reservations, unless I just wanted to kiss the $ goodbye...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #12

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Deryk,
Your mad skills with a sewing machine are amazing! My light duty machine won't even handle hemming a pair of jeans, never mind taking on upholstery. Nice work!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:03 PM   #13

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Guys! The industrial sewing machine was one of my wiser purchases. It has more then paid itself off. When I lived on my boat, the cost for sail covers and bags was through the roof....So I would just find scraps on ebay the colour and size I needed and sew it myself for a lot less... so new cushion covers is a 2 day job but in time I will be able to decide...hmm what colour inside this year lol

Old 05-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #14

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Thanks Guys! The industrial sewing machine was one of my wiser purchases. It has more then paid itself off. When I lived on my boat, the cost for sail covers and bags was through the roof....So I would just find scraps on ebay the colour and size I needed and sew it myself for a lot less... so new cushion covers is a 2 day job but in time I will be able to decide...hmm what colour inside this year lol

Where did you get the sewing machine? SailRite?

Nice job. It looks great.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #15

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Looks wonderful Deryk, really impressive
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #16

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks!...

Yeah Conrad, Sailrite's walking foot machine. In 12 years of ownership I've taken it in twice for a clean and timing adjustment....it just runs through heavy material like its nothing. Well worth the $900 some dollars I spent on it.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #17

Connecticut
Cool. I've often thought about getting one. I have a buddy with an even bigger one with a three phase power supply.

I need to make a canvas top for this center console I bought. I think I'll start by making a template out of cheap plastic canvas and then try to repurpose some old sails. If I muck it up I can try again. The T top is about weird. Two kinds of snaps. Need to figure out how that was intended to work.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:17 AM   #18

New Jersey
Registry
Yeah its handy to have... and being one of those crazy artist types I can redo the covers anytime I find an upholstery fabric I like that's on sale lol. I'm not perfect but I figure by the time I make 10 more sets of covers the skills will keep improving lol.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:33 AM   #19

Connecticut
Sewing is a nice skill to have. I thought about finding work as a sail maker just for that reason. My aunt who has been the best at this skill in the family has been visiting the last few days. I find myself regretting not asking her more about the topic. Perhaps I'll give her a call this morning. Watching her it seems to be all about making patterns

I would not attempt to recover my uphostery. I would like to hire an expert at some point. The original dinette is quite ugly as it is. A teal and white flower print that turns my stomach. I'd like a solid color tweed in a dark green.

I've been covering the seats with towels and that is working out OK. I have thought about using shirt garter ms or bungees to hold them in place. There is something to be said for quick and easy cleaning.

I have considered pulling the seat cushions off and installing a pair of office seats and a smaller table. My dinette has overhead cabinets that make it unsuitable for more than two people. I would be sacrificing the option to concert it to a guest bed. I am not sure that will matter. Is rather have a comfortable chair to work at and use the extra space for storage or dog beds.

Tags
parkliner, vin