My first 2 mod's on my ParkLiner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #1

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
My first 2 mod's on my ParkLiner

Well the first thing I needed to change was the large dinettes leg. Somehow it got slid in too far, so Harry the prior owner left the table down (which it mostly will be with me as well, but sometimes its nice to have it up)

I looked online and honestly the metal leg's look cheap to me, so I decided to go to Home Depot and for under $14 I got a solid wood table leg and the hardware to instal it. Probably taked a minute or 3 to screw it into place but I think it looks way better. Still need to varnish it, but I like the way it looks! Next is doin the same with the side dinette.

deryk
Attached Thumbnails
31.jpg   32.jpg  

deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #2

New Jersey
Registry
The next mod, was a necesity, I didn't have any 12 volt sockets! I spent some time thinking about where would be a good spot that is out of the way but convenient. I decided next to the galley up in the corner above the large dinette.

First thing I made sure there was a light fixture near by to tap into for power. I need to get a wireing schematic from Chandler..the fuse box is unlabeled so i need to fix that.

After checking and going ahead with the spot I taped a garbage bag below it to catch an fiberglass dust, and on the inside I taped a wet papertowel over where I was drilling to "catch" the fiberglass dust. I moved the cushions for extra insurance and drilled the hole for the 12 volt socket.

Now I initially made the mistake of useing the stupid plastic quick splice connectors that came with the 12 volt socket kit... after not getting power and stressin out, I cut and spliced the wires together used a butt splice connector then taped it with electrical tape. I usually prefer heat shrink tubeing but didn't have any with me.

Today I picked up from Walmart a chrome finished corner shower basket with the suction cups, I plan on sticking it below the 12 volt socket to hold my droid and blue tooth for chargeing them and being out of the way.

deryk
Attached Thumbnails
25.jpg   26.jpg  

27.jpg   28.jpg  

29.jpg   30.jpg  

Old 01-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #3

New Jersey
Registry
Im giving serious thought to rounding the table top corners, and makeing the large dinette into a folding tabletop. So many plans hee hee hee
Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #4

Name: Tonia
Trailer: Scamp 13' (1982)
Wisconsin
I like the outlet. It looks simple enough that I may give it a whirl.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner