My Hand At A Restoration - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWA View Post
Nice work Terry.

Did you happen to get any pics before you put the fiberglass in the belly band area?

I recently replace my flooring in our 4500. I found a product at Home Depot called "cuchion step" , it is a thicker flooring that is not supposed to curl up on the ends and sides....will post pics when I can. Not too fancy but a up-grade compaired to the junk before! I used the old flooring as a template to cut the new stuff.
Kevin, I am looking for ideas for flooring for my 4500. I would love to see pictures of yours.

Thanks,
Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #22

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
Kevin, I am looking for ideas for flooring for my 4500. I would love to see pictures of yours.

Thanks,
Rick G

No problem...I am away at work right now, I "should be home some time this week" !!
KevinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #23

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post229210 Here are some pics of the Belly Band on mine. Mostly of the back window area that rotted out. Solid as a rock now Randy
Gumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #24

Trailer: Trillium
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWA View Post
Nice work Terry.

Did you happen to get any pics before you put the fiberglass in the belly band area?

How tall is your garage door? Did you have any issues getting your trailer in there? I have a 8 foot tall door (less the little bit where the door hangs down)...but have not tryed it yet!!

What are your plans for the out side finish?

Do you want to sell a small bit of the t shaped inside trim? I need a piece around 5' or so....I will glady pay shipping and what ever fair price you come up with.

I recently replace my flooring in our 4500. I found a product at Home Depot called "cuchion step" , it is a thicker flooring that is not supposed to curl up on the ends and sides....will post pics when I can. Not too fancy but a up-grade compaired to the junk before! I used the old flooring as a template to cut the new stuff.

Good luck with your reno

Kevin

i know my spelling is not the best!!
Kevin ill have to look to see if i got pics. The flooring im going to use is the thicker click flooring. I know i used the short hair fibre glass when i did where the belly band used to be. That was the longest part of the whole job as to what i have done. To get it inside my garage i was lucky just flated my tires and put it in with my 4 wheeler. Good ole Honda. But when i take it out i followed another thread i beleive was on here. I made small wooden wheels to pull it out as the new vent im putting on will be a little higher. I got new pics to put up i just dont know how to resize them or if anyone that can for me send me there email to my inbox ill send them right away. That would be appreciated. Oh the t-trim i learned a valuable lesson. When i buy another to redo dont throw this stuffaway!!!!!
TerryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #25

Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Registry
Image Re-sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryV View Post
I got new pics to put up i just dont know how to resize them
Terry.
I use an easy and free image editor called Paint.net. You can re-size an image in about 30 seconds with it. I have used it for about a year now without any problems at all. It is super easy to use for basic image editing.
Randy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #26

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Talking

terry---you are doing a bang-up job on the trillium---and who cares about spelling! we all understand what you mean, whether it's spelled correctly or not---
the most important thing is to keep those photos coming!!!!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #27

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Bigfoot Spirit Wing
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryV View Post
Hi all my name is Terry and trying my hand a redoing a trillium trailer. Never did anything like this before and glad i found this site. Have been reading lots and getting lots of ideas when i ever get started lol. Thanks all for looking and ill be asking asking. You guys and gals have beautifull trailers and jobs well done from what ive seen so far!!! Once i figure the pic posting ill get some pics up
Good luck on your project..I have two of them on the go..LOve doing them
idlebabyboomer is offline   Reply With Quote