My New Bigfoot 21RB - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #15

Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
I picked-up my Bigfoot 2500 21RB on Saturday and just finalized installation of 3 X 27 batteries. Bigfoot redesigned LP/Battery front holding tray making this installation job much easier. Dealer run gauge 2 cables and I mounted the batteries using West Marine Battery trays ($15 ea.) See attached pictures.

George.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1736.JPG   IMG_1737.JPG  

IMG_1739.JPG  

Old 04-02-2008, 09:10 AM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I picked-up my Bigfoot 2500 21RB on Saturday and just finalized installation of 3 X 27 batteries. Bigfoot redesigned LP/Battery front holding tray making this installation job much easier. Dealer run gauge 2 cables and I mounted the batteries using West Marine Battery trays ($15 ea.) See attached pictures.

George.
Great job with the battery install, George. I had hoped to get the two 6 volts where you got your two 12 volts, but in doing so, there was not sufficient room for the two 30 lb propane tanks, so I have two 20 lb tanks, mounted mostly fore and aft.
Attached Thumbnails
battery_install.jpg  

Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I picked-up my Bigfoot 2500 21RB on Saturday and just finalized installation of 3 X 27 batteries.
George.
George, on our 2000 mile trip I noticed that one of the battery cases were scuffing against the gelcoat of the trailer, resulting in a white powder. I think that as I have the 6 volt batteries, they are higher than yours and will not go back any further. I may consider the 27 series route. What capacity did you get your's in and are you planning to install a switch to isolate any of the batteries?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #18

Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
Quote:
George, on our 2000 mile trip I noticed that one of the battery cases were scuffing against the gelcoat of the trailer, resulting in a white powder. I think that as I have the 6 volt batteries, they are higher than yours and will not go back any further. I may consider the 27 series route. What capacity did you get your's in and are you planning to install a switch to isolate any of the batteries?

Thanks
I used dealer's stock Interstate 27M batteries Interstate with 180 min. Reserve Capacity at 25A. Interstate is not using Amp Hours capacity in their specifications and without knowing the Peukert number for this battery it is impossible to calculate Amp Hours from Reserve Capacity. Most likely it is 105ah.

Dealer connected all batteries in parallel with gauge #2 cables penetrating the chassis near the back of the PPS converter. I replaced the PPS converter with 80A Xantrex Xantrex and connected its
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
description using original Xantrex' brackets. Xantrex fit perfectly into the PPS 7300 inverter box.

See attached installation diagram. With the exception of Jacks remote control and control panel everything is installed and works as designed. 3 AC power transfers between shore power, generator and inverter are simple.

I installed the Onan generator and am very please with it. Sound measurements are:

In, closed door, at idle 56dBA
23' outside, at idle 57dBA

23' outside, with air-conditioning running 61dBA

It is not as quiet as the Honda 3000 Honda3000_measurement but LPG and pushbutton conveniences are worthwhile to bear this extra noise.

George.
Attached Thumbnails
Inverter_generator_power_transfer_4_25_08.jpg  

Tags
bigfoot