My ParkLiner has got Solar! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Posts: 1,556
Bolt covers

Deryk
In am earlier post you mentioned hiding your panel 1/4 " mounting bolts. One option is to use commode bolt covers. I found some smaller ones that are used for RV and marine commodes.
Eddie
__________________

__________________
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Timber Wolf's Avatar
 
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Posts: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Deryk, In an earlier post you mentioned hiding your panel 1/4" mounting bolts. One option is to use commode bolt covers. I found some smaller ones that are used for RV and marine commodes. Eddie
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!
__________________

__________________
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #31
Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita Patriot '13
Connecticut
Posts: 51
Great job, Deryk.

I prefer to keep my panel uninstalled. I find I move it 3/4 times a day in parks with trees to catch the sun. There are days where it will rain or be cloudy, then all of a sudden, full sun, and I go grab it to top off. That's the northeast weather for yuh.

Just something to think about before you put holes in your roof.

My Working 100W Solar Panel System: Made It Myself For $270 - General After-Market Accessories Forum - The Casita Club Forums
__________________
jazzjunkysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
deryk's Avatar
 
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Posts: 2,086
Registry
Thanks Sue....Im ok with the panel on the roof...no worries about it getting stolen or anything. I might eventually add a 2nd portable panel when 1 day down the road my friedge dies...might go for the 12volt efficient models and then the 2nd panel will be very handy lol. But for now I am happy with the setup.
__________________
deryk

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
frank_a's Avatar
 
Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Posts: 2,204
I agree with Sue for the reasons she mentioned, and another big one - keeping the collector surface clean. I don't know about you folks, but the amount of stuff we get here just overnight would be enough to reduce efficiency the next day!

Of course, right now I can't afford diddly anyways!

Frank
__________________
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #34
Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita Patriot '13
Connecticut
Posts: 51
Frank,
I looked up the Parkliner. Niiiiice! A little longer and heavier than my Patriot but alot more room and a lighter tongue. Amazing little thing. I like the 30 gal waste tank. Totally jealous. My Patriot holds realistically 7. Yeah. 7. Not sure about the toilet thing. Never had a portable one. No comment, there. I like my regular marine head/ blackwater tank.

Super little egg. I'm sure you're enjoying it. Are there used ones kicking around, or is it a new company?
__________________
jazzjunkysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
frank_a's Avatar
 
Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Posts: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjunkysue View Post
Frank,
I looked up the Parkliner. Niiiiice! A little longer and heavier than my Patriot but alot more room and a lighter tongue. Amazing little thing. I like the 30 gal waste tank. Totally jealous. My Patriot holds realistically 7. Yeah. 7. Not sure about the toilet thing. Never had a portable one. No comment, there. I like my regular marine head/ blackwater tank.

Super little egg. I'm sure you're enjoying it. Are there used ones kicking around, or is it a new company?
Compared to a couple old Sunlines we had the ParkLiner tows like a dream Sue. We love it. You won't find many used ones around, as the company just started in early 2012. One came up for sale in CA recently, but sold pretty quick. That one was #5, mine is #6. I think they've maybe made 80 trailers, but am not sure.

This weekend started on a low water drain at the freshwater tank, but now am wondering if I should put another one someplace else. Also started putting in Bali shades to replace the curtains. Will finish this stuff up over the next week or two. Next camping trip is 2nd weekend in September.

Thanks!

Frank
__________________
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Timber Wolf's Avatar
 
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Posts: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjunkysue View Post
Great job, Deryk.

I prefer to keep my panel uninstalled. I find I move it 3/4 times a day in parks with trees to catch the sun. There are days where it will rain or be cloudy, then all of a sudden, full sun, and I go grab it to top off. That's the northeast weather for yuh.

Just something to think about before you put holes in your roof.

My Working 100W Solar Panel System: Made It Myself For $270 - General After-Market Accessories Forum - The Casita Club Forums
Jazz, in the thread you posted above there was discussion of hooking up wires backwards and blowing something and marking the wires to prevent that. Of course marking positive and negative is always good practice but on my panels the factory MC$ connectors are made with one male and one female. The other connections would have to be the same way and this prevents hooking them up backwards. FYI
__________________
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #37
Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita Patriot '13
Connecticut
Posts: 51
Dear Timberwolf,
Right. That's what I told that woman. I think she'll try again but this time follow the + -!

Sue
__________________

__________________
jazzjunkysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
parkliner, solar


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got our new PARKLINER!!! Gretchen General Chat 43 05-10-2014 05:41 PM
HD has lowered price of 105 watt solar panel stev General Chat 0 04-11-2014 10:47 AM
Parkliner has pulled through. elli Hi, I am.... 13 01-09-2014 04:11 PM
I got me a ParkLiner Egg! deryk General Chat 90 02-25-2013 02:37 PM
Got myself a 77 Scamp, Got questions, too! Legacy Posts Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 21 12-21-2002 02:45 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.