My Scamp AC install - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #15

Name: Barbe
Trailer: Boler
West Virginia
Thanks so much, these instructions looks VERY helpful, how is it working out?

PS. I was only able to find this by the assistance of your lovely wife posting the link to it on Facebook. Nothing I'd typed in on the Search bar pulled up anything to do with installing an AC unit in a Boler/Scamp closet

Old 07-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #16

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbe View Post
Thanks so much, these instructions looks VERY helpful, how is it working out?

PS. I was only able to find this by the assistance of your lovely wife posting the link to it on Facebook. Nothing I'd typed in on the Search bar pulled up anything to do with installing an AC unit in a Boler/Scamp closet
Barbe,
I agree the search bar is hard to use! I can never find anything I am looking for, but maybe, Donna will help out! Donna, knows everything about this site!!!!
Thanks

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else! Yogi Berra
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #17

Name: Barbe
Trailer: Boler
West Virginia
AC closet install

I'm curious as to how your install functioned, did it do as well as you hoped without overheating?Did water splash into the floor area when traveling or debris enter while traveling?

Also, I wasn't sure but how did your AC unit enclosed in the closet get its' fresh air intake? I couldn't see for certain but it looked like the roller pan (aka drip pan) covered the attic vent you'd installed in the bottom. Did you maybe cut ventilation 'holes' in the side of the closet (interior by door or dinette) to allow more air to get in?

The gentleman who is going to install my 5000 BTU AC in the closet of my 1972 Boler's closet is going to start on it this coming week & we both are relying on what the experienced installers on this site have done. What additional information do you have for me, any further suggestions, regrets or alterations or "Ah Ha!" moments? Thank you

Tags
scamp