Need advise for 2006 21FB trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #1

Name: Dawn
Trailer: BIGFOOT
California
Need advise for 2006 21FB trailer

We are the proud owners of a 'new to us' 2006 Bigfoot 21FB trailer. I always believe in not reinventing the wheel so I thought I'd throw this out there to see if other Bigfoot people have resolved these issues... The closet door in the 'bedroom' area will only open partially due to hitting the window valance. Irritating!
We will be swapping out the incandescent bulbs for LED's... any thoughts on where to get the best bulbs for the best price? Also, I need to swap the globe lights in the bathroom to LED's... where can I find similar looking ones?
Is it possible, and not too hard to put in a Fantastic fan in the bath instead of the less desirable one there now?
And why are the shades SO hard to lift and lower????
Thanks so much!
M&D
Tahoeians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
If you don't get the answer you seek here, there is a Bigfoot Owners forum out there, last I knew you have to pay to join.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #3

California
Thanks so much... so much to learn!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
FWIW, I bought LED replacements on eBay. That was by far cheaper than any other option. They came complete with bases that mounted inside existing fixtures.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #5

California
@thrifty bill, can you give me more info on the ebay items or seller? Thanks so much!
Old 05-10-2017, 09:22 AM   #6

California
Can you give me the ebay seller or item?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #7

Name: tony
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
British Columbia
Buy in canada and you save 36% right off the bat. Dollar exchange. Talk is canadian dollar going to 50cents vs us dollar. This is why our pick up trucks are all being shipped to the usa duty free! Same with rv's. You just have to figure out shipping which is not hard to do. There's a guy in langley BC sells LED's. Not sure of his website his name is Franco Pagnotta and his ph#604-618-6651 also try Google L.E.D.S in Langley.
ninklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #8

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
Just a note on the Bigfoot forum (BOCI). I have found it to be poorly maintained, and not much used. Sad because the trailers are amazing (a little bias here, we have a 2005 175G) but the site feels somewhat commercial and not particularly welcoming. Perhaps it's the cost factor.

This forum has been a lifeline several times and is a steady source of good information and support. Enjoy your new to you Bigfoot!!
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:04 AM   #9

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
FWIW, I bought LED replacements on eBay. That was by far cheaper than any other option. They came complete with bases that mounted inside existing fixtures.
:check Amazon for LED's
If in Canada, Fraser Way RV has good LED prices only because of the difference in the dollar.
Fraser Way RV is in Abbotsford BC on the way to the Tradex or the airport.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #10

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
There are literally thousands of sellers on eBay. I bought mine two years ago. Just search led rv bulb and you will find many sellers. When I bought eBay was about 75% less than Amazon. Also probably some sellers in China super cheap. Just realize it can take two months to get your item from China.

It's all about the type of fixture and the current bulb in your lights. Open one up and get the number off yours.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #11

California
Thank you Thrify Bill!