Need an awning rail for Thing 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #1

Name: Lenna & Roy
Trailer: 71 Boler & 73 Boler & 74 Boler
British Columbia
Need an awning rail for Thing 3

I am hoping someone knows where I can get an awning rail that will work for the add a room I have for my 13 ft 1971 boler. I looked at Vintage trailer Supply and they are not shipping these outside of the US. I live just east of Vernon BC and have 3 bolers all in the process of some type of reno. Thing "3" was purchased in Surrey and I bought it for my Mother who is 80 to camp in when she is with us on a close to home outing. It would be great to be able to use the add a room as it is in excellent condition but the camper has no awning rail. Ideas of where I might look to buy one that is in Canada or can be shipped here??
Lenna K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
I wonder if you ask Vintage trailer Supply what the part number is, and perhaps who supplies the item to them, you could then try finding a supplier out of the US.
Good Luck
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #3

British Columbia
Thing 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
I wonder if you ask Vintage trailer Supply what the part number is, and perhaps who supplies the item to them, you could then try finding a supplier out of the US.
Good Luck
Dave & Paula
Thanks for the suggestion David, will try that.
Cheers
Old 05-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Are you looking for the C Channel kind of awning rail? A picture? If so, most RV stores with a shop of any sort will carry the rail. It is where I got mine.
T
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #5

British Columbia
Thing 3

I will do a day of checking out RV dealers that have parts. Guess I should have done that first. It is a c rail I think, (it is absent from the trailer so am assuming) hopefully it will be in stock somewhere or easy to find.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:00 PM   #6

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Hunter
California
I own the Name "THING3" Please cease and desist...LOL
thing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:52 AM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thing3 View Post
I own the Name "THING3" Please cease and desist...LOL
You should be flattered to have someone name their precious baby after you.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #8

British Columbia
Thing 3

Found an awning rail for Thing 3 and used the Add a Room on Father's day weekend in the pouring rain. It worked great! Almost finished the interior renos.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #9

Name: Heidi
Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300
Alberta
May I ask where you got an add a room and awning rail? Also is it difficult to install the rail yourself or should it be taken to an RV shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
heidster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #10

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I know I'm late to the party, but just a little info on the nomenclature. The "C" channel for those slide in/out awnings is called Keder Channel and the Keder Slide stuff is available at pretty much any outfit that does repair or fabrication of RV awnings.
I never liked the factory Fiamma awning so I removed it. I didn't care for it being in the way of the trailer door and rubbing against the top of the door while opening and closing it, or walking into those stupid brackets all the time. We now have a Clam screen shelter that we use if we're going to be set up somewhere for a few days or more, but If we are only doing a night someplace, I'll just string up the rope and pole awning in the Keder track I installed on the side of the trailer. I bought the aluminum one, but they also come in plastic as well. I used several 1/4"x20 stainless nuts and bolts to mount it along with marine grade sealant in the holes I drilled. If you don't want to drill holes in your trailer, they have some very strong 3M brand double sided VHB tape which some folks have used to mount the rail.

Awning Rope & Keder Welt

http://www.sailrite.com/Keder-Awning-Rope-Tape

Keder Awning Rail Insert
Attached Thumbnails
Keder Rail2.JPG   Keder Rail3.JPG  

Keder Rail1.JPG  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning