New Axle and other modifications - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #1

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
New Axle and other modifications

Hi folks

Last year, I got the new Dexter axle, electric brakes and break-a-way switch installed on Orson. While it was in the shop, I had the tongue cut and a new coupler welded back onto it and cable "chains" were installed as well. It than set in the garage for awhile. It's now in a another shop with the side and back windows pulled out. New jalousie windows are being made for the side windows and a new slider will be going into the rear window. The rat fur has been replaced, and it is awaiting the floor carpet to be placed. The leak around the solar panel was corrected by removing the panal and patching the existing holes. The bunk bed panel and hinge that I got months ago from Pam (thanks Pam) has also been installed and is ready to be used if any of the g-kids want to go with us. Once the road salt is gone, and the weather warms up a bit, I'll take it in for painting which will match my truck. So if you see me on the road, honk your horn and say "hi". I'll be the one with the "Nan noo" trailer plates.

Marty D
Attached Thumbnails
TRL_1.JPG   TRL_2.JPG  

TRL_4.JPG   TRL_5.JPG  

TRL_3.JPG  
Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Very exciting!
Nice work!
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Sounds great, Marty. I envy you your chance to paint it to match your truck. I have my Uhaul painted; the truck is not done.

Do you mean that your carpet was ratty? UHauls do not have rat fur.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Sounds great, Marty. I envy you your chance to paint it to match your truck. I have my Uhaul painted; the truck is not done.

Do you mean that your carpet was ratty? UHauls do not have rat fur.

CindyL
Can hardly wait to get it painted and start using it. It will be a Chevy Champaign (?) color with darker accents when it's done. Hopefully the new windows will be made and installed in by the end of this month so that it can be painted next month. I probably used the wrong terminology for the carpet, but not even a self respecting rat would want what the P.O. had put in it. Pictures will be forth coming once it is done.

Marty D
Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I was just confused, Marty. Some trailers come with rat fur on the walls, but UHauls don't. I thought maybe you found one that someone had added something to the walls.

Looking forward to pix.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Thats a pretty cool coupler out front. I'm looking foreward to seeing more photo's.
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle