new boler owner resto - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #61

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne in Calgary View Post
You have done a great job on the Boler. I am down in Lethbridge often and was wondering if you are willing to take on little boler projects here and there (paint, fiberglass work etc.) If so please message me mr_safety29@hotmail.com I will storing my Boler in Lethbridge for the winter and was hopeing to do the work then. Please message me either way and once again great work on your project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
I actually saw this boler and the family you sold it too in Manitoba last summer! They said they used it often and loved it!! I recognized Mario from across the campground!!

Glad you guys dug up and bumped a 5 year old thread as the resto-mod-Mario is super cool! I wonder if he ever did Luigi?
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #62

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Whoa creepy. Just went on to Kijiji and guess which boler is now up for sale!!
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #63

Alberta
Restored 1973 Boler Camper | travel trailers, campers | Calgary | Kijiji
Old 04-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #64

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
FRRRRRRRREAKY!

Spanke
Old 04-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #65

Oregon
There is a link there to this thread on the sale at kijiji That is most likely how "Dwayne in Calgary" the one post wonder ( no disrespect Dwayne....welcome. to the forum) posted here to resurect it from the dead.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #66

Name: Jason
Trailer: Shopping
Saskatchewan
Mine!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bhx4gjgldtclv5m/k09xxEgTKe
Jason-Toews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #67

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason-Toews View Post
Congrats!
Are we finally going to see interior pics?
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #68

Name: Claudia
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
This is one of the coolest campers ever !! Great job!!
WADDYWOODSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #69

Name: Jason
Trailer: Shopping
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate R View Post
Are we finally going to see interior pics?
Prepare to be disappointed, it's not really themed at all... It has red curtains.

The insulation is not well adhered to the outer shell and is shrinking. As such the spray on bed liner used to coat it is now cracking. I think the fellow I bought it from did his best to cope with the issues, there is lots of silicone spackled on the worst of the cracks.

If you pull the drawers out from under the sink you can see the insulation is not sticking to the shell. What makes this more worrisome is that the fiberglass cupboards have been glued with auto-body adhesive to this insulation.

The interior which was originally grey has been repainted white at some point and was not well masked from the window frames.

The door has sagged which I know is common. When the door is latched closed, it is still offset from the body about 1cm. The door hinges are a bit wonky, the door only opens about 80º before it gets really stiff and the FG starts to creek.

I'm not overly worried about anything, I'm a pretty handy guy and will get it fixed up. This forum has lots of good information. I have been Oogling some of Roberts work and another called "Buttercup Boler"

I can tell already that these bolers are full of red herrings and nuances and I will perhaps start a new thread with each issue to keep things organized.

The dropbox photo album below has photos that the seller e-mailed to me as well as some photos I took last night.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/0hzu0ok1vdelkj3/TbAj6mXw-7

I mean no disrespect to Siris or the fellow I bought it from in pointing out these issues, I still feel a little bit bad hijacking the original thread to display the problems. I only post it here, like this, in case someone finds this thread and thinks it's a great idea to spray bed liner over the insulation.

This poster comes to mind. (jokingly - still no disrespect.)

Jason-Toews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #70

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Jason,
Not hijacked at all! We all followed this resto with rapt attention and it's great to see "the rest of the story" so to speak. Like you say, the problems are not the end of the world and you'll have a lot of fun with it. And the exterior paint job is always going to be a conversation starter
Best, Phil
Old 05-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #71

Oregon
^^^^ This and none of us will ever learn if we are not educated. With the problems, come solutions and then answers.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:58 PM   #72

Name: Barbe
West Virginia
What a GREAT job, so creative and the skill is evident! Kudos to a job well done.
Barbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #73

Alberta
Fantastic Fan Installation

Hope you still visit this site as I see this is an old thread, but people are talking about Mario again! I was curious how you got the fan to be recessed up in the hole and not sticking down inside. I assume some kind of spacer on top of the trailer, but don't know what you used/made. If you could elaborate that would be great. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siris View Post
ok after i did the spraying on the top half i went back in to glue in the closite.
than i proceded to work on the flore of the boler
i used sticky tiles from home depo but add urathane glue so they would never ever come off.
Attachment 35230

Attachment 35231

Attachment 35232

Attachment 35233

Tags
boler