New Cushion Upholstery and New Curtains - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Airstream 23D International Serenity
Texas
New Cushion Upholstery and New Curtains

Well, after just over three years, our black denim cushion upholstery and matching black denim curtains in our '10 Casita Spirit Deluxe just weren't singing to us anymore... so after agonizing a bit over which direction to go, we had the cushions reupholstered in "vanilla" (color) marine vinyl. We purchased some very nice fabric and I made all new curtains... lined with Roc-Lon 'black out' lining... we really like the "new look!"

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_8520.1.JPG   DSC_8521.1.JPG  

Old 10-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #2

Name: Shelley
Trailer: Burro
North Carolina
Registry
Looks amazing! I like the clean look. Will you use a mattress topper to sleep?

Makes me want to bite the bullet and have a professional recover mine. I just have so much necessary work that I will probably make due for the near future.
Shelley D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Love the fresh, modern look! Just beautiful!
Great job!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #4

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley D View Post
Looks amazing! I like the clean look. Will you use a mattress topper to sleep?

Makes me want to bite the bullet and have a professional recover mine. I just have so much necessary work that I will probably make due for the near future.
Thanks, ShellyD

We are among the tiny percentage of Casita-people who do not leave the read in "bed mode" full time... we actually make up the bed every night and put up the bed every morning. To facilitate this enterprise, I "re-engineered" the read table so that I can go from-bed-to-table or from table-to-bed (fully made up) in 60-seconds or less.

You can get an idea of how this works by clicking on the Our Casita Photos link in our signature... scroll way down and you will see yours truly putting the bed/table through its paces. We use an RVSuperbag for bedding back there, and my re-engineered gizmo "self stores" the bedding... our 'sleeping pillows' we keep in the Land Cruiser 'till night time.

The cushions are five-inch "medium;" a thickness and firmness that we find ideal for sleeping.

Rob
Old 10-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Rob, it looks Great!! - you will not be sorry you added the black out lining.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #6

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Rob and Linda,
Your upholstery and curtain re-do looks great! Very clean, light, modern and sophisticated. I looked at your Casita photo link. The switch from the "black on black" motif to the present design is dramatic! I especially liked the many custom details that greatly add convenience and beauty to your home on wheels. I love the screen door with the forest trees cutout as well as the vertical bungee cords on the shelves to keep things from falling...brilliant!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #7

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
Rob and Linda,
Your upholstery and curtain re-do looks great! Very clean, light, modern and sophisticated. I looked at your Casita photo link. The switch from the "black on black" motif to the present design is dramatic! I especially liked the many custom details that greatly add convenience and beauty to your home on wheels. I love the screen door with the forest trees cutout as well as the vertical bungee cords on the shelves to keep things from falling...brilliant!
Thanks so much for your kind compliments! I guess that you can tell that we really love this thing!

I am especially proud of my newly-acquired sewing "skills!" Linda doesn't sew... she's a wonderful pianist, but she doesn't sew... so, it was up to me! Those that have seen my new curtains have been very complimentary on my workmanship... they are either really being charitable, or I actually did a good job... gee, I'm hoping for the "good job!"

Rob
Old 10-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oh WOW how very nice! So fresh and clean and contemporary.

I don't sew either... nor play the piano... sigh.

Rob, you are the MAN. I'm still lusting for the LEDs around the Fantastic Fan: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post325237

Wanna move to PDX and fix up my Scamp?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #9

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Using marine vinyl was the smartest thing I did. You'll love it. Soooo easy to clean up.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote