New Dometic A/C available from 2016 Scamp 16 ft - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-30-2016, 12:47 AM   #1

Name: Terry
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 16 foot side dinette
Utah
New Dometic A/C available from 2016 Scamp 16 ft

My 16 foot Scamp just arrived. We are beyond excited and instead of waiting for the 6 month lead time we went with a 16 foot model that someone else ordered and then cancelled. It had a few features we didn't need, including a roof mounted A/C. I'm going to remove it tomorrow and install a skylight.

The Dometic A/C is brand new & never used. Lower Serial #MB54700583, Upper Serial # 52324416. If anyone is interested we're in Kamas, UT just outside of Salt Lake City. We paid $799 for the unit but I'm seeing $500 online. All reasonable offers accepted.

Cheers,
Terry
435-729-0005

Old 04-30-2016, 01:59 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Terry, just a thought for you. You may want to pack and store it away for a camping season or two....just to have on hand in case you should find your travels take you to places that the AC would be a plus.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:28 AM   #3

Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Terry, just a thought for you. You may want to pack and store it away for a camping season or two....just to have on hand in case you should find your travels take you to places that the AC would be a plus.
I agree with Dave. We traveled West last year and hit snow in CO and the North rim, but also ran into 100+ weather on the same trip in Las Vegas and Death Valley. That A/C sure did come in handy even though I didn't expect to need it on that trip.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #4

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
I second or is it third the idea if hanging on to it for awhile
These little trailers can get quite warm
Store it and camp for a season or two I'm betting you will change your mind
Either way enjoy your new trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 04-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #5

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
We spent 10 days in Utah last Fall , late September - early October.
I can't imagine and would not go camping in that heat without A/C
It may cool at night but the days are hot. Take in mind that we are from Northern Wisconsin so temps in the 80's are HOT to us.
In the six years of owning a FGRV we have used the A/C far more than the furnace . I often wonder when people say they live in XXXX
and say they don't need a furnace or A/C. We own a "Travel Trailer "
and the climate across the US and Canada varies too much to say you will never use a furnace or an A/C. I agree with others ,if you have to remove the A/C , then hang on to the it and see how it goes. You may discover that a skylight was not the best decision.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Flori-duh!
Registry
I agree with everyone who has suggested keeping it. I had to run mine one night last year in Ontario in June, and I am acclimated to heat living in the south.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 04-30-2016, 02:01 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13', want another small trailer.
Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewskiDV View Post
My 16 foot Scamp just arrived. We are beyond excited and instead of waiting for the 6 month lead time we went with a 16 foot model that someone else ordered and then cancelled. It had a few features we didn't need, including a roof mounted A/C. I'm going to remove it tomorrow and install a skylight.

The Dometic A/C is brand new & never used. Lower Serial #MB54700583, Upper Serial # 52324416. If anyone is interested we're in Kamas, UT just outside of Salt Lake City. We paid $799 for the unit but I'm seeing $500 online. All reasonable offers accepted.

Cheers,
Terry
435-729-0005
Terry, reading you message reminds me of the time I had just bought a new sailboat. On a sailboat web site I was detailing the many modifications I had planned for the new sailboat.

An older and much wiser sailor suggested that I actually sail the boat for a few months before I started making changes!

I didn't follow his advice, and I later regretted it!

One addition bit of advice....some day you will want to sell the Scamp...and having an A/C is a positive selling point.

Bill

Tags
scamp