New Entry Door Window - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #15

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 SD
Washington
Registry
This EDWIN window frame has a channel for a screen to cover the openable slider section, similar to just about all the other rv slider window configurations. I would need two 1 1/2" radiused corners for the bottom and two square corners for the top part. But I would also need to source the rubber "swipe" strip that would seal the upper part of the screen, (if I did make one,) to the inside surface of the slider pane to seal that area from bug intrusion. It's hard to find any dimensional information on these components which makes it hard to figure out exactly what I'd need to fabricate a Frankenscreen for it. I just thought the snap-on cover alleviated a lot of the headaches, and works great.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #16

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
One of the reasons I'm interested in this problem is that I've seen it come up relatively often elsewhere. That window's a popular mod on lots of trailer types, and many folks would like to have a screen for it even with interior screen doors. (It seems that some are getting unwelcome "guests" between the door and the inside screen).

I'm surprised that some smart cookie hasn't figured out how to build this and sell it online. Couldn't cost more than a few dollars in parts, easy to build, light/small to ship...once the radius problem is overcome it could be fat city!

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #17

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 SD
Washington
Registry
SCREEN FOR EDWIN WINDOW‏

I've been on vacation for several days, but I received this email from Atwood Mobile Products, regarding the issue of obtaining a window screen for their EDWIN replacement door windows. I've included the particulars for those who have done, or may wish to do, this conversion and would like to purchase a screen for it. I know that some people have expressed an interest in any info on screens, so here it is:

Sir,
I can make a special screen for the Edwin window. It will be $25.00 plus UPS shipping. Send me your address, phone number and credit card (visa or master card) with expiration date or call me to order.

Sue Phillips
Atwood Mobile Products
Replacement window line
574-266-4829
Cell # 260-350-2414
fax 574-262-9469
e-mail s.phillips@atwoodmobile.com
Normal Business Hours 5:00-2:30
Old 07-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #18

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Thanks, Greg!

That's going to be mighty useful for others with the same problem. Hope the search engine will lead them here...

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote