New entry stool - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #15
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
I picked up some black grit impregnated wide tape at big box building supply store. HD as I recall. Has been on dog agility equipment that is outside most of the summer and still on it two years later.

Also they make a very fine grit that comes in a carton about 1/2 pint size which you can mix into the paint. Will say the no-slip tape won't stick as well to the paint with grit in it.

RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #16
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2015 T@B M@X CS-S - Condo A-Go-Go
I made this out of 4" pvc fence post and the fencing. There is 5" fence post also. It is relatively light for it;s size. It is made the same width as the door so you can step out anywhere. It will tip if you step on the edge, but I push it under the trailer a few inches so it won't flip completely.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp Step Side.jpg   Scamp Step Top.jpg  

Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #17
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Go to your nearest skate board shop they have the abrasive peel and stick tread material. Just shove the young-uns aside and hang your pants down low so you blend in. Oh and don't forget to put your hat on backwards.
Actually, I pull my pants up even higher above my belly (so my socks show*), and give them my best "don't mess with me punk" glare.

* As in "I have socks older than you".
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #18
Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
Home Depot sells stick 5x12 or so abrasive non skid in the paint department.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #19
Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
I am dedicated to off-label use and reuse of various scrap I have around. This works for us quite well. The most expensive part is the "astroturf" door mat from a hardware store. It is 3/8 plywood, 2x4's, some nails and screws and, very important, those big paper clips. Without them the mat gets blown all over the campsite. It is stable and non-slip. The mat is easy shake clean or hose down if needed. If it had to be higher than these 6 inches, I would use two pieces of 2x4's in at least two corners, for better stability.
Attached Thumbnails
PICT0977.jpg   PICT0978.jpg  

Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 AM   #20
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
I bought a fairly pricey (near $100) metal step with telescoping and folding legs at Camping World after having made several myself and wasn't happy with any. The one I bought has the legs angling out which makes it more stable.

rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote