New fresh-water plumbing - Bigfoot 17 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #15
Trailer: BIGFOOT
Great info!

CAMPER DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:46 PM   #16
Name: Gardnpondr
Trailer: 1985 BigFoot G
Going to save this because we have a 1985 Bigfoot dual axle we're JUST getting started on. It's been sitting up for 4 years that we know of. We've been scrubbing and cleaning it so far..... Don't know how to do ANYTHING on it yet. New RV-ers and clueless so I'm on here trying to learn. Thank you for sharing!!!

Gardnpondr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #17
Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
New Fresh Water Plumbing Bigfoot 17 and other campers.

Doggone great write up. I copied the text in case but as the others say would be great to have a sticky on this one. All my fixtures leak due to vibration (I believe) and I was dreading the task as getting under the SD sink area is a PITA but this thread is encouraging me to getter done next sunny day.

I have take the original article and made into a PDF along with active links to all of the sites that Mike has inserted into the forum post. Because of the original size of the pictures I had to reduce them a bit but you can always refer to the original post.
"Miss Adventures"
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #18
Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
FWIW, just a quick update to this thread. Since the plumbing upgrade I've made three trips between Alaska and California and several interim camping trips with the family. I have another Alaska trip coming up in a couple weeks.

The only thing I've changed since the plumbing upgrade is the faucet, which is detailed in this thread.

Inexpensive 4" on-center pull-out faucet

The new plumbing system has worked great whether hooked up or boondocking.

Unfortunately the Apollo PEX fittings are no longer sold by Lowes (none that I've checked with in person) but Apollo seems to still be in business. I plan to get some spares to keep on-hand so I don't have to rely on a local retailer if something fails down the road. So far though, knock on wood.
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #19
Trailer: Boler
Excellent post and write up. I have the same trailer and have a blown out hot water heater. I haven't pressurized it yet because winter is around the corner, but I'm afraid I'll find what you did. If I do I'm using your detailed write up as guidance. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Michael Collins is offline   Reply With Quote