New guy, new camper, new questions... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
I am considering using car fabric which can be purchased in rolls. I havent heard any negatives yet. It comes in a ton of colors and textures. I might get the porsche interior but that might be all leather.
I will need some more feedback yea or nays before I take the plunge.

Automotive Headliner Fabric Material for Car, Truck, Van and SUV Repair

Widebolt Automotive Car Truck Interior Upholstery Fabric Marbled Gray Soft | eBay
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #22

Name: Loyce
Trailer: Hunter 1
Oregon
Registry
Hi David, I'm seriously considering the foam floor tiles in my Hunter 1. Insulation and a washable surface. One of the current threads was talking about some with a wood grain finish which I really like but with your young family the multi-color ones might work.
Loyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #23

Name: Robin
Trailer: Cadet
California
Another cool lightweight option is cork flooring also about your pop top, I would just fix it it can't be that expensive but in the meantime through some hinges on one side so that you can swivel it up and then prop it with the sticks at least you have headroom. If you had to put something down on top, maybe consider one of those roof boxes they sell it Pep Boys and just take the top half off it's already aerodynamic and made for years of weather. I have a pop top for my camper and there's no Candace or anything, when I want to cook or relax inside I just popped the top and it lets nice breeze through then I close it to sleep
Robin can make it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #24

Name: David
Trailer: Hunter
New Mexico
I think the interlocking foam may be in the budget but i have read the posts and cant find any ref as to the glue being used. Ive used enough adhesive to know that all arent created equal. If anyone has any good info on a super strong adhesive please let me know.
Seldomseensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #25

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
My only experience with adhesive in the trailer is with contact cement. Frankly, I was disappointed to find, in time, that it dried up and lost it's adhesive qualities. In its defense I used contact cement to adhere Velcro to the back of the cabinet and then hung "shoe pockets" with a Velcro strip on the top. I believe I overloaded the pockets with heavy items. Perhaps I expected too much of this product. Contact cement is commonly used to adhere a laminate to a horizontal surface.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #26

New Mexico
I found this old thread I started and wanted to give an update. Ive been working very slowly and am nearing a point where the camper will at least be usable. I ended up using Reflectix and a trunk liner material for the walls with 3M spray adhesive and an very happy with the results so far. Price was right as I was able to do it for about $150. I got the cook top line fixed up and tested today. Im still searching for a mattress material in my budget. Ill post some more pics in the upcoming days as I get near complete with the interior. Starting to get excited about this project again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
1404960240684.jpg  
Old 08-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #27

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita Patriot '13
Pennsylvania
Dear David,
I'm a long-time clothing seamstress. I consider fleece just above handi-wipes: Semi-disposable. It's junk best left for souvenir sweatshirts. It will be full of holes before you get it all glued on. It pills, it tears, it's uneven. There's no weaving going on. There's no thread. It's crap. You will regret the attempt immediately.

I'm not sure what else you could use, though. Donna's right about thinking about flame resistant materials. Casita may be right about using some kind of carpet. I don't know if theirs has a woven backing, or rubber. I'd probably stick as close to what they use as possible.

Let us see some pics when it's done!
Sue
jazzjunkysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #28

New Mexico
I appreciate the comment but not sure I understand it. My last pic was a pic of the finished walls. Were you talking about the walls still?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #29

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita Patriot '13
Pennsylvania
Ooops, by bad. Sometimes forget to check the dates. It's all new to me. Glad you're getting something you like!
jazzjunkysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #30

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Sue, the Casita carpet has jute backing just like your house carpet.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote