New Interior 2006 Egg Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #1

Name: Tracy
Trailer: 2006 Egg Camper
Michigan
Registry
New Interior 2006 Egg Camper

We got a new bigger fiberglass camper at the beginning of the month and it was truly a clean slate, everything in it was white except for the little brown seats on the side dinette and the carpet. The Egg Camper as they call it is 17 feet long and has a very open floor plan with a shower/toilet. We had been camping in our Scamp for 2 years but living without a bathroom and having such a small bladder wasn't working out so well for me. I found this camper on the Fiber Glass RV form and knew it would be the perfect camper for the two of us. The woman I purchased the camper from said that they had only used it four times. I believe it because it even still smelled used and the stove looked like it had never even been turned on.

After decorating the Scamp up all cute it was very easy to sell through Craigslist. I put the Scamp on Craigslist at 4pm and by 6pm I have several folks asking about it. This is the first thing I have ever posted on Craigslist and I wouldn't hesitate to list there again.

Decorating this camper was really fun but finding bright colored bedding to match the brown that was already in the camper was a bit of a challenge. I finally found the paisley quilt at Target and then wanted to find another coordinating fabric to go with it. This stripe fabric that I got from Hobby Lobby was just the ticket and I really love how everything turned out and just in time to go camping next weekend.

The rear bed is a full sized mattress and the back mattress fits where the table is to make a second bed.

The little brown seats came with the camper and they looked new so I just left them as is

This shows the shower curtain and my tiny microwave.
I made this little cover that sets over my stove out of a cutting board and pipe fittings
along with some rubber feet so it doesn't slide around.
Without it there really isn't any counter space.

I made these little window toppers so that they simply Velcro to the tops of the mini blinds. Look at the bottom right, that's right we have air

Beadbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #2

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Love it. Our 2011 Egg Camper is all electric. My wife has the materials for drapes to replace the blinds and the stuff to make a screen for the escape window. Checked with Jim Palmer at the factory and was told that the window manufacturer does NOT make a screen for the escape window. My wife has also made a quilt with tee shirts that we've bought on our travels. Already have one of those at home. Are you aware that there's a fiberglass trailer rally on Sept 7,8,9 at Algonac state park? I guess there are 20 some outfits signed up. Check the rally topic in the forums. Hope you can make it. We went to our first in Indiana in May. Lots of fun & food.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #3

Name: Rob
Trailer: Scamp 19
California
Tracy: What you did is beautiful ,have fun on your camping trip. Rob
Rob in Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Stunning!!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
bec

Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
That is just so very pretty ! Well done - great job !
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Nice job Tracy! Always fun to turn someone else stuff totally into our own!
Enjoy your camping trip.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #7

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Very Nice! Thanks for the pictures. I like the way you left the brown seats,gives it a 2"different room" look. Good thinking on a way to hold up the toppers for the curtains.

Oh Heck the whole thing just looks GREAT...get out go camping and enjoy.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #8

Michigan
Registry
Thanks everyone, Bob I am very interested in how she is going to make a screen for that window. I didn't even realize that it doesn't have a screen and it would be nice to be able to use that window. The easiest way I can think of to make a screen is to stitch one up that would velcro on? What do you think.

I love the fact that this camper is a very blank canvas when you get it so that it can so easily be made your own instead of the cookie cutter campers that are available by so many other companies.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #9

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Our screen, when she gets around to making it, will be mosquito netting with a bound edge about an inch wide and we'll velcro it to the frame (inside). She'll make some sort of closable spot to be able to get at the catches.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #10

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Tracy, You did a beautiful job coordinating the fabric decor in your egg. You did a superb, quality job! If you'd like to know, the "proper" name for the window topper is "valance". You said you decorated the Scamp you sold in a cute way as well. Do you have photos to share? I LOVE to see what people have done to decorate their eggs. I invite others to share their interior decorating efforts as well.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #11

Michigan
Registry
I know the window topper is called a valance but it just seemed like such a stuffy word for a camper interior

I don't own this 1978 Scamp anymore but here are the photos of the interior. When I got the Scamp 2 years ago it had the original upholstery and had sat outside for years leaking and getting nasty. I replaced all the foam and fabric, painted the walls and used contact paper to make the lower door and fridge pretty. The shades are stitched to the top underside binding of the window toppers and roll up velcroing to themselves. I really hate curtains in campers since when they are open they cover up so much of the windows.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #12

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Tracey,
Very nice decorating! It looks like you're very creative, which makes you a perfect match for the EggCamper. You'll find lots of room for mods.
Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #13

Michigan
Registry
I have a lot of ideas but not any electrical ingenuity and my ideas need a bit of that.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #14

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
You have created beautiful and well-thought out interiors. Your design gives me inspiration!
For those who do not like curtains but like the look of a decorated interior you might want to consider installing side curtain panels. I make mine 10" wide and attach them to to outer 4" of the curtain rod. You can extend the rod beyond the width of the window (beyond the rod support) and put the curtain panel there. When you hang the panels in this manner they block none of the open window and give the illusion of a larger window!
I have included a couple photos of my curtains. I prefer to keep the original curtains with the decorative panels. When the cream-colored curtains are closed I have privacy and light. When I want to look out of the window I tie back the curtains with my "tie-backs" which attach with Velcro to the "rat fur".
Keep these great ideas coming!
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 019.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 042.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #15

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
I love paisley!
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #16

Trailer: Play Pac
I love seeing what others do to their campers and yours is real nice. Now come do mine!
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #17

Michigan
Registry
Thanks for the tips.

Today I made a screen for my escape window and it turned out so much better than I even thought possible. I will post photos when it gets light out tomorrow
Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #18

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadbug View Post
I have a lot of ideas but not any electrical ingenuity and my ideas need a bit of that.
What manner of electrical ingenuity are you looking for? And what ideas do you have?
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #19

Michigan
Registry
First off this camper only has 2 outlets. I just found another one today that the water heater is plugged into so I was thrilled since I need a place to plug in the electric blanket when it's cold and didn't want to string one from the air conditioner outlet.

We travel with extensive electronics, two phones, two kindles and a computer. I would love to figure out some way to build a docking system for these with electric right at the station. This could possibly fit under the back bed some how so it's out of sight. I haven't worked it out yet. We are going camping this coming weekend and I am sure that some of this will work out once we figure out how best to use the space.

I also saw someplace where someone put rope lights along both sides of the carpet on the ceiling and it looked amazing.

This doesn't require electric but I hate the fiberglass piece in my camper that swings up to get under the back bed. The camper isn't made this way anymore for a good reason, it's big bulky and doesn't allow you to use the full storage height because of the way it swings. This is an easy fix by just taking it out and making another board to fit across. When I do this I will also make a little curtain that covers the area since I don't have little wooden doors to cover the openings in the fiberglass.

I really wish the camper had not come with the gas, I love the idea of all electric. I doubt we will ever use the gas options because the fridge is so tiny it's easier to use a cooler, I think the fridge will be used to store stuff in. As far as the gas stove goes we prefer to cook outside. Less mess and no making your camper smell like dinner. The camper was such a great deal that these are minor things that we can work around. The new just electric fridge actually has a bit more room in it but mine is missing the whole back corner for the gas supply. I talked to the builder about putting in a different fridge and was told it's not possible. I take that as a challenge
Old 08-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #20

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Tracey,
Remove two bolts and the fiberglass under the bed thing will be gone. But, you'll need to fabricate a board to support your mattress. But that's fairly easy with a piece of 3/4" plywood and a small facia board. Once that's done, underbed drawers are wonderful.

Is your fridge a 3-way? The all electric version uses a compressor fridge (Norcold DC0040). Granted, it's small, but it is very efficient. And yes, you can change the fridge. But you may need to cut some fiberglass from the front of the counter. But, before you do, check out the prices of a new fridge. They are very pricey. Someday, I'm planning to upgrade the fridge to one that's a bit larger. There is a bit of room beneath the fridge, so I could fit one that's a little taller.

Our EggCamper came as "all electric" and I've since added propane so that it would be more available for off-grid campsites. I replaced the electric water heater with a combination electric/propane unit and added a propane furnace. I didn't add a stove and I kept the original electric heater. The state and federal campgrounds in the northeast almost never have hookups, so the propane is very handy.

We don't cook inside either. You could probably cap off the propane line to the stove and replace it with a maple cutting board or even have a fiberglass shop splice in a piece of the underbed fiberglass thing to restore the counter top.

We have four 120 v duplex outlets, over the sink for the microwave, under the bed for the water heater, over the dinette table, and one for the AC unit.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper