New Old Trillium 4500 - New Thread - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #15

Name: Ian
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Update on our Trillium

After some consideration about what I could reasonable accomplish in terms of Trillium rehabilitation, and what I wanted to do, we contacted Joe Thoen at Trillium Outback. He rehabilitated a Boler for us about 10 years ago, and we had a good experience at the time.

We went over the trailer with him and developed a list of priorities, which included replacing frame bolts, adding brakes, repairing the belly band, installing a new cook top, updating the wiring, checking and preparing the propane system, adding a MaxxAir fan, and repairing the fridge and furnace. Joe gave us an up-front cost for each item, then called us with interim costs as they worked on the trailer. All of these items were completed in a timely manner, for the cost quoted. Once these were done, we decided to convert the front bunk into a dinette, which looks great! I will post some photos.

Along the way, Joe and the rest of the guys at Team Trillium did a few things for us at no charge - new door mirror, outlet covers, chrome wheel nuts and centre cover, spare tire cover, ensolite repair. He also found a door for the fridge, and a replacement valve of some sort for the furnace, which saved us a considerable amount of money.

Everything was upfront and direct; there were no surprises, and we are very happy with the work. I wanted to share this because this has not been everyone's experience with Trillium Outback, but it certainly was ours.

I brought the old girl home yesterday. Happily the trailer fits in our garage, so my truck will sit on the driveway for a few months while I redo the windows, add flooring, replace the cubboard doors, and generally clean up the insides, specifically inside the pontoons. These are all things I can do, I think.

Ian Hepher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium