New ParkLiner battery box - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #41

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
In 2.5 weeks when I get mine installed I will add the measurements and photos...I can't wait to get it done!
Thanks Deryk. That will be appreciated.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #42

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Lightbulb Visit to ParkLiner

Quote:
On the ParkLiner Facebook page is pics of the new battery box on the tongue...I'm on my droid so can't upload them.

If all goes according toplan 11/23 I will have mine installed!
Dear Deryk, On a different subject. I have a idea perhaps you would pass along to ParkLiner when you are there. Since there are so many people waiting for their camper to be made (me included!) and since they are so busy making campers to have alot of time communicating with customers, if the owner would give us waiting a number, than just periodically post on their FaceBook page what number trailer they are working on. That way you could get a general idea of how much longer we have to wait to get one of those NIFTY campers!!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #43

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah Gretchen that would be a great idea!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #44

Tennessee
tires

Thanks Deryk. I thought of one more thing. Would you please ask when you are there what size tires they are now using? I asked on FB, but you know how that goes. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #45

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Thanks Deryk. I thought of one more thing. Would you please ask when you are there what size tires they are now using? I asked on FB, but you know how that goes. Thanks.
For what it's worth Gretchen, I just looked at the tires on 006, our ParkLiner we've owned now 3 weeks and a day; they're ST205/75D14 HI-RUN L0229.

I like the idea of posting new trailer #s on ParkLiner's Facebook page. We know after-the-fact what # our trailers are. I would bet ParkLiner assigns the number internally early on, and that would be easy to do. Plus the rest of us would love following builds on their Facebook page.

Best of luck Gretchen!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #46

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Gretchen, are you saying that you bought something that cost over ten thousand dollars and they will not answer your basic questions on what your purchase entails? I am asking because I am wondering how a person goes about getting warranty work done when you need it if they will not pick up the phone? Thanks in advance.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #47

Tennessee
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Gretchen, are you saying that you bought something that cost over ten thousand dollars and they will not answer your basic questions on what your purchase entails? I am asking because I am wondering how a person goes about getting warranty work done when you need it if they will not pick up the phone? Thanks in advance.
Ken, We went to the factory last month and loved what we saw. Customer service rep was very good. I am commenting on the fact that many people have posted that they are not getting calls returned promptly as orders take a long time to fill. This is a small new company and I saw they are busier trying to fill orders than answer phones. If I lived near there, I would love to be a cust service rep, because I love the product and would be exciting to work with.

If your considering a ParkLiner, go visit for yourself and see what you think. Oh, and also, I have seen as many people posting that when they have had problems with their ParkLiner, the company has been very good to fix them. So, excellent product with needed cust service help, I can live with that. I have also been in a Casita, and the ParkLiner is so much better.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #48

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
For what it's worth Gretchen, I just looked at the tires on 006, our ParkLiner we've owned now 3 weeks and a day; they're ST205/75D14 HI-RUN L0229.

I like the idea of posting new trailer #s on ParkLiner's Facebook page. We know after-the-fact what # our trailers are. I would bet ParkLiner assigns the number internally early on, and that would be easy to do. Plus the rest of us would love following builds on their Facebook page.

Best of luck Gretchen!

Frank
Thanks Frank for looking at your tires. I had read about tires rubbing so they went to a smaller size tire. Looks like from their post, they have made the space bigger, but I am wondering if they also went back to the original tire size of the ones they are currently making. Sure am looking forward to camping in it!

Have you done any mod's on yours?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #49

New York
Quote:
Thanks Frank for looking at your tires. I had read about tires rubbing so they went to a smaller size tire. Looks like from their post, they have made the space bigger, but I am wondering if they also went back to the original tire size of the ones they are currently making. Sure am looking forward to camping in it!

Have you done any mod's on yours?
No problem Gretchen. It was funny you asked about tires, as I had just went out Sunday morning and checked what they were and wrote it down!

From what I understand, they have modified the lower mold the fiberglass comes out of so that the wheel wells are much larger. It was really the best way to deal with it, but of course must have taken some time to do. From what they're saying on their Facebook page, and the pictures they have there, they did a great job!

In regards to warranty, all I can say is that they have been great to me as a 2nd owner. Without going into a lot of detail, they "fixed" my fallen microwave shelf problem, and they've agreed to do a bunch of stuff, including battery upgrade to the tongue and installation of a Bargman switch when we visit the plant in mid-May 2014. I really had no expectation of being treated so well after buying a used ParkLiner.

Right now I've finished one upgrade and am in the middle of the next. I put a valved by-pass hose to my hot water heater to make it easier to winterize the trailer. I think current ParkLiners already have that.

Right now I am putting a 30 amp RV inlet in the side of the trailer. To do that I had to cut the existing 30 amp power cord, leaving enough inside to get to my new 30 amp plug. With the rest, I put a new end on the cut end so now I have a free standing 30 amp cable that will plug and screw onto my new 30 amp RV plug so that nothing is left open for critters to get in. My new plug will be mounted in the door that previously accessed the cable. I hope to finish it up next weekend, as it's too dark to work after I get home, get the mail, and take the puppy for a walk. You can check progress on these things in our thread "Frank & Gail's ParkLiner."

Take care and enjoy your day!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #50

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Dear Deryk, On a different subject. I have a idea perhaps you would pass along to ParkLiner when you are there. Since there are so many people waiting for their camper to be made (me included!) and since they are so busy making campers to have alot of time communicating with customers, if the owner would give us waiting a number, than just periodically post on their FaceBook page what number trailer they are working on. That way you could get a general idea of how much longer we have to wait to get one of those NIFTY campers!!

Ok perhaps they could follow Escapes lead and send the purchaser photos every couple of weeks of their trailer during the building process. That way PL owners could share the photos with all of us here as some of the Escape purchasers do so we all get to follow the build and dream about getting our own new trailers built.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #51

Tennessee
Thanks for the reply Frank. It sure is good to hear (again) how excellent ParkLiners service is, even after the sale, let alone that you bought a used one. Sure speaks well of them. It really looks like they are making a quality product that they take pride in and want to be enjoyed. I can't wait to get mine!

I saw someone wrap some pipe insulation around their power cord to keep out critters. I use mothballs too as anything with a nose would hate them. I sprinkle them under the camper, not in it. And around my house each winter too.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #52

New York
Quote:
Thanks for the reply Frank. It sure is good to hear (again) how excellent ParkLiners service is, even after the sale, let alone that you bought a used one. Sure speaks well of them. It really looks like they are making a quality product that they take pride in and want to be enjoyed. I can't wait to get mine!

I saw someone wrap some pipe insulation around their power cord to keep out critters. I use mothballs too as anything with a nose would hate them. I sprinkle them under the camper, not in it. And around my house each winter too.
This upgrade I'm doing could easily be done at manufacturing time. They would not need to buy the hatch the power cord goes through, nor would they need to cut out that big hole. All it takes is a 2-7/8 round hole for the plug body to go through. The body and new end for the cut cord cost me just a bit over $100. Being in the industry, I'm sure they could buy this stuff cheaper. When done, it will be very clean looking. I've did it on our last trailer too.

We use dryer sheets inside in the winter. That has worked well for other trailers we've had. You just need to change them out about once a month. Scented pine cones work too!

I bet you're excited about getting your new ParkLiner, and I don't blame you!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #53
Commercial Member

Name: Cameron
Trailer: ParkLiner
North Carolina
Quote:
Gretchen,

Cameron at ParkLiner here. We are using 205-75-14 tires. Also, I am waiting for a production order from Chandler to communicate to customers. Great idea!

- Cameron
parklinercameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #54

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
Cameron

Good idea posting information here but to get your message to your intended audience- this seems to be about tire size under a battery "thread" and an additional message to let people know Chandler may indeed be working on some kind of production schedule...which we will believe when we see it... we found your message somewhat randomly looking at battery info. However... if you really want people to get the info you are taking the time to contribute- check out the headings you are posting under or create a new thread in the appropriate area.
elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #55

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
[QUOTE=elli;431110. if you really want people to get the info you are taking the time to contribute- check out the headings you are posting under or create a new thread in the appropriate area.[/QUOTE]

Better still the manufacture should be posting the info on their own web page &/or Facebook page. Potential buyers or current owners of any trailer brand *should not* have to be searching this forum for their trailers specifications or the manufactures fix to current/past issues.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #56

Name: Butch
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
while I agree with replying under the proper heading, it seems rather ludicrous that after the numerous complaints about the lack of communication from PL, folks want to nit pick . I intend to purchase a PL in the near future, that purchase will be driven by seeing a measurable leap in customer service, PL being on this forum (under ANY heading) is nice to see.
bookbinder52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #57

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
ParkLiner makes a great product...Im glad to see they are starting to show a presence here and are making the fixes that need to be done. I cant wait to head down there and see where my caravan was built, and get the new batterybox installed.

I look forward to many years of happy adventures!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #58

New York
Quote:
ParkLiner makes a great product...Im glad to see they are starting to show a presence here and are making the fixes that need to be done. I cant wait to head down there and see where my caravan was built, and get the new batterybox installed.

I'm in total agreement with you Deryk! We just figured out that we will venture down to be there May 12 next year for the same thing.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #59

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Quote:

Hi Deryk, so glad to read that PL will be making things right for you. Check for PM... Want to run something by you not particularly related to this thread. I don't want the 'post police people' calling me on the carpet. Thanks! BL Chiffons
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #60

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Parkliner Battery Box

Aaron from Parkliner. I too want to welcome you to this forum. So great to have you post and also very encouraging! Like others have shared we really want to see Parkliner do well. Great to see that PL now has a safer place to put the battery. The box looks really nice. We ( my sister and I) met with Cameron back in Sept. We did our options list and made deposit while we were there. Noticed that battery meter is not listed as an option. Would we be able to mail one down and have it installed prior to us picking PL up? It is my understanding that PL is using a different battery since we did our options list. What is the name, number of battery now being used?
Thank you Aaron. Again we want to personally and publicly thank you for your participation in this forum. Betty Lou and Bev (aka 2 sisters)
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, parkliner