New ParkLiner battery box - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #61

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL Chiffons View Post
Aaron from Parkliner. I too want to welcome you to this forum. So great to have you post and also very encouraging! Like others have shared we really want to see Parkliner do well. Great to see that PL now has a safer place to put the battery. The box looks really nice. We ( my sister and I) met with Cameron back in Sept. We did our options list and made deposit while we were there. Noticed that battery meter is not listed as an option. Would we be able to mail one down and have it installed prior to us picking PL up? It is my understanding that PL is using a different battery since we did our options list. What is the name, number of battery now being used?
Thank you Aaron. Again we want to personally and publicly thank you for your participation in this forum. Betty Lou and Bev (aka 2 sisters)
We have been using Super Start Marine Deep Cycle batteries PN#24DCM and YES you are more than welcome to send us a batt meter if you would like for us to install it. Aaron
AmcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #62

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Well, its a 75ah battery, which is nice. Gives an extra 25ah more then the Optima...heh 8 more hours of running the furnace. Works for me. I cant wait till next week!

Hey Aaron, what would I need to add an on/off switch so that I could shut the power off from the battery to cut out the phantom drain?

thanks

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #63

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I think a 7/16" wrench will disconnect the battery cable……….
Old 11-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #64

North Carolina
You could get a batt kill switch like they use in race cars uses a big red key to turn batt power on and off to keep from having to take the top on and off the batt box
Old 11-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #65

New Jersey
Registry
Yeah Aaron, thats more along the lines of what I was thinking. Jim's idea is too much work to unscrew the cover twice every weekend that I use it and or want to check the voltage. I am guessing these new batteries are lead acid?

thanks

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #66

North Carolina
Yes lead-acid. More user friendly
Old 11-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #67

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
I put a 50 amp marine waterproof circuit breaker that's rated for switch duty on mine. You would have to size yours to whatever the wire is.

Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #68

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Jared...now I have an idea!

Yeah would be nice to be able to completely shut it off when not being used...I might have a A/B/both/off switch somewhere but Its a waste since I dont use 1 battery for engine starting from one of my boats...

Old 11-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #69

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Let us know how you make out Deryk. I think today was the big day isn't it?

Good luck!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #70

New Jersey
Registry
I just got home from a 1039 mile round trip to ParkLiner!

Aaron and his crew took good care of me and my ParkLiner! I have a bunch of photo's to upload...will probably get them up tomorrow. I had a great time down there, got the full tour of the facilities, stayed in my ParkLiner on friday night on their loading dock, the guys worked on mine for about 9 hours on saturday ... more to come about it all

and very important to me, I brought my bathroom scale along and my tongue weight came in at 285lbs! So Im very happy!

Thanks for everything Aaron (including pointing out dragon vaporz)

Old 11-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #71

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Im sure the Rav4 will thank you for that tongue weight. Glad you had a safe trip and thanks for keeping us updated.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #72

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I just got home from a 1039 mile round trip to ParkLiner!

Aaron and his crew took good care of me and my ParkLiner! I have a bunch of photo's to upload...will probably get them up tomorrow. I had a great time down there, got the full tour of the facilities, stayed in my ParkLiner on friday night on their loading dock, the guys worked on mine for about 9 hours on saturday ... more to come about it all

and very important to me, I brought my bathroom scale along and my tongue weight came in at 285lbs! So Im very happy!

Thanks for everything Aaron (including pointing out dragon vaporz)
I'm glad it was a good trip and opportunity.
Look forward to the pics.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #73

North Carolina
Thanks for the kind words Deryk we just wanted to do what was right and it was nice to meet you face to face. Now I really know who I'm talking with. Happy camping and let me know what you do about a case for your new toy

Aaron McGee
Old 11-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #74

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Thanks Jared...now I have an idea!

Yeah would be nice to be able to completely shut it off when not being used...I might have a A/B/both/off switch somewhere but Its a waste since I dont use 1 battery for engine starting from one of my boats...
Are you looking for one of these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3888.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	66706

Search for battery kill switch.

Spanke
Old 11-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #75

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Glad to hear it all worked out for you Deryk!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #76

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Parkliner battery box

Deryk, certainly found ourselves thinking about you as you and your Parkliner made the trek down to NC. So glad you had a safe trip. Look forward to seeing your pictures. So glad that you got to stay in your PL on the loading dock. We stayed in Danville when we were there in Sept. wonderful to hear that you had a positive experience. BL and Bev
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #77

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL Chiffons View Post
Deryk, certainly found ourselves thinking about you as you and your Parkliner made the trek down to NC. So glad you had a safe trip. Look forward to seeing your pictures. So glad that you got to stay in your PL on the loading dock. We stayed in Danville when we were there in Sept. wonderful to hear that you had a positive experience. BL and Bev
Hey girls! Would you mind telling me where you stayed in Danville? If you don't want to do it here, PM me. We may need a place near Gibsonville in May.

I am glad Deryk made the trek and other than getting work done on his ParkLiner, made it down and back okay! I'm looking forward to pics as well.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #78

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks folks...going to be a delay...my laptop crashed sunday night. Figures Im ordering a new one in the next few days....but kind of caught up reloading...and working on projects at home.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #79

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Hey girls! Would you mind telling me where you stayed in Danville? If you don't want to do it here, PM me. We may need a place near Gibsonville in May.

I am glad Deryk made the trek and other than getting work done on his ParkLiner, made it down and back okay! I'm looking forward to pics as well.

Frank
Frank, when we went down to PL in Sept we stayed at the Comfort Inn located 100 Tower Rd Danville,Va. It was great to hear Deryk was able to stay in his PL. We needed lodging that was pet friendly and budget friendly. Took us 45 mins from PL to Danville. Frank if you do happen to stay in Danville and are at all interested check out Millionaire's Row located in center of town. It really must have been during the height of textile industry.
Deryk, sorry to hear about your computer crashing. We look forward to seeing pics of your new battery box whenever you can post them. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! BL & Bev
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #80

New Jersey
Registry
Ok, sorry for the delay.... I like the nice clean look, and while down there, Aaron and his crew added the bypass kit for my water heater, as well as 2 drains at the lowest spot of my ParkLiner for draining the lines right by the sink, and running to my shower. They also added a drain for the water tank! Im very happy for the upgrade! I did get real lucky, I slid the propane tanks forward just the right amount to install the brackets for my wdh they were exactly in the right place lol...the battery box fit perfectly in there.

I haven't reweighed the tongue with the generator inside yet... need to do that the next time I take a trip.
Attached Thumbnails
23.jpg   22.jpg  

26.jpg   32.jpg  

33.jpg   34.jpg  

35.jpg   NewBatteryBoxDone.jpg  

Tags
battery, parkliner