New ParkLiner battery box - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #81

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Boy your frame certainly has a lot of holes drilled, close to 2 dozen holes I can count. I'd be leery of adding any more without some kind of reinforcement.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #82

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
That is a very nice looking battery box they gave you, Deryk. Looks like it will do the job nicely.

I am only a civil engineer, and do not consider myself suitably qualified to give an opinion on the holes drilled in your frame. So I will leave it to the mechanical engineers in the group to comment whether the number, size and location of those bolt holes in your frame could possibly be an issue.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #83

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Ok, sorry for the delay.... I like the nice clean look, and while down there, Aaron and his crew added the bypass kit for my water heater, as well as 2 drains at the lowest spot of my ParkLiner for draining the lines right by the sink, and running to my shower. They also added a drain for the water tank! Im very happy for the upgrade! I did get real lucky, I slid the propane tanks forward just the right amount to install the brackets for my wdh they were exactly in the right place lol...the battery box fit perfectly in there.

I haven't reweighed the tongue with the generator inside yet... need to do that the next time I take a trip.
Deryk, how many new trailers were in production while you were there? Any idea? Curious minds would like to know!

Boy, sounds like you did GOOD! We can't wait to get down there. Only about 6 more months...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #84

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by parklinercameron View Post
Gretchen,

Cameron at ParkLiner here. We are using 205-75-14 tires. Also, I am waiting for a production order from Chandler to communicate to customers. Great idea!

- Cameron
Great to see you on the forum Cameron!! Would love to see what trailer is being worked on the FB page and given a # to look forward to.

I was asking tire size because I was wondering if after widening the wheel well size, ParkLiner was keeping the same size tire or going back to a 15 inch. (If I am right that it originally came with a 15 inch?)

Thank you.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #85

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Frank...yeah I'm happy overall with it...and will be easier re-winterizing it next year.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #86

New York
Quote:
Thanks Frank...yeah I'm happy overall with it...and will be easier re-winterizing it next year.
I already did the hot water tank bypass, just need help now with bottom drains!

How many trailers in production when you were there Deryk?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 12-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #87

New Jersey
Registry
One was nearly done, one was getting ready to be put onto a trailer and they were working in the molds so that is a 3rd. But Aaron said they have been doing alot of battery box upgrades and it all takes time away from production.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 12-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #88

Tennessee
Quote:
Ok, sorry for the delay.... I like the nice clean look, and while down there, Aaron and his crew added the bypass kit for my water heater, as well as 2 drains at the lowest spot of my ParkLiner for draining the lines right by the sink, and running to my shower. They also added a drain for the water tank! Im very happy for the upgrade! I did get real lucky, I slid the propane tanks forward just the right amount to install the brackets for my wdh they were exactly in the right place lol...the battery box fit perfectly in there.

I haven't reweighed the tongue with the generator inside yet... need to do that the next time I take a trip.
Hi Deryk,

The pictures look like they did really good work for you. Maybe a silly question, but what are the black half round things between the propane tank and battery box? I know its not a cupholder.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #89

New Jersey
Registry
the brackets for my weight distribution hitch

Old 12-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #90

Tennessee
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me!!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #91

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Nice Battery box. Did they put a couple of drain oles in the bottom?

The battery switches are available at Harbor Freight, on sale this week.

Small holes in the frame should have little effect on beam strength.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #92

New York
Quote:
Deryk, what led to your decision to install a WDH? I was told I would not need one, and then we bought a used one (as you know), #006. Towing #006 from NJ back home I had no issues at all with sway, even in heavy wind.

Thanks,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 12-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #93

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Norm, there are either 6 or 8 ventholes in the battery box, so that problem should be solved...Im gonna have to head over to HF and take a look.

Frank, my Rav4 has a soft rear end and sagged alot with the ParkLiner on it(sagged with my gypsy vardo sized teardrop that had a close to 200lb tongue weight too) The wdh keeps the receiver from being like 9 inches off the road lol (maybe 11 now heh)

Old 12-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #94

New York
Quote:
Thanks Norm, there are either 6 or 8 ventholes in the battery box, so that problem should be solved...Im gonna have to head over to HF and take a look.

Frank, my Rav4 has a soft rear end and sagged alot with the ParkLiner on it(sagged with my gypsy vardo sized teardrop that had a close to 200lb tongue weight too) The wdh keeps the receiver from being like 9 inches off the road lol (maybe 11 now heh)
Oh, okay, I get it. We tried Tim & Rita's with Gail's new Escape, and the back of the Escape dropped like 1/2" with the ParkLiner attached. We dragged it back from NJ with the F150, and I don't think my truck knew anything was back there...

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 12-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #95

New Jersey
Registry
yeah I dont feel the weight of the ParkLiner while towing but its just the way Rav4's are...I read up on the owners forum, tried air bags in the coil springs for extra lift....wasnt impressed so I ordered the wdh and it was setup for an anti sway bar so added one too. Usually I dont have the anti sway bar tightened...only when its real windy.

Tags
battery, parkliner