New Scamp 5er decals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #1

Name: Phil
Trailer: 2001 19' Scamp fifth wheel
California
New Scamp 5er decals

So I finally got outside today and used the eraser wheel I ordered and removed some decals that were failing. The wheel worked great. I cleaned up the area and set up the new decals. Scamp sent me enough of the line stripe to even do my door that for some reason did not have the decal.
It sure looks better when the decals are in new condition! Now the front says Scamp instead of camp.
Attached Thumbnails
Front decal.jpg   Door decal.jpg  

New decal side.jpg  
Philmag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #2

Name: Joel
Trailer: Cloud
Florida
Registry
Looks great, Phil.
cannibal53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmag1 View Post
.....Scamp sent me enough of the line stripe to even do my door that for some reason did not have the decal.....
My 2001 13 Scamp was delivered without a door decal. I called and ordered the decal and spoke with my Sales Rep and told him what I was doing and thought it was chintzy of them not to put the decal on the door. He had said it's a matter of labor and decal cost. I told him that's "Nuts" because they make a great produce and then deminish it by basically by not finishing it.

I can't tell you when they started adding the decal to the door but it seems to me that it was a number years later.

I ordered enough decal from them to not only add the decal to the door but also to the A/C vent which is just to the left of the door. Now that took a little more effort as I had to lay each of the 3 lines independently.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
With the decal on the door, new from the factory, it would make it a lot easier to keep your door aligned.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
My 2001 13 Scamp was delivered without a door decal. I called and ordered the decal and spoke with my Sales Rep and told him what I was doing and thought it was chintzy of them not to put the decal on the door. He had said it's a matter of labor and decal cost. I told him that's "Nuts" because they make a great produce and then deminish it by basically by not finishing it.

I can't tell you when they started adding the decal to the door but it seems to me that it was a number years later.

I ordered enough decal from them to not only add the decal to the door but also to the A/C vent which is just to the left of the door. Now that took a little more effort as I had to lay each of the 3 lines independently.

I made the mistake of using soapy water on the front decal and it made it difficult to remove the paper backing. I was surprised how easy it was to just lay out the decal without the soap. The paper came off fairly easy. How does the stripe look on the vent cover? Do you have a picture? I still have enough stripe left to do it.

Since we bought the trailer at the end of October I replaced the heater motor, new curtains, I put in new curtain rods with zip ties to keep them from falling off, I installed a vent in the microwave cabinet, new door gasket set installed, new trailer plug, and I wired a 4 plug connector to the back of the trailer for my hitch storage carrier led lights.

I adjusted the brakes and purchased numerous little RV items like sewer connectors/hose support brackets etc! We did take it to Palm Springs and the coast so we have two trips behind us. I am looking forward to a lot weekend getaways!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #6

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
I made the mistake of using soapy water on the front decal and it made it difficult to remove the paper backing. I was surprised how easy it was to just lay out the decal without the soap. The paper came off fairly easy. How does the stripe look on the vent cover? Do you have a picture? I still have enough stripe left to do it.

Since we bought the trailer at the end of October I replaced the heater motor, new curtains, I put in new curtain rods with zip ties to keep them from falling off, I installed a vent in the microwave cabinet, new door gasket set installed, new trailer plug, and I wired a 4 plug connector to the back of the trailer for my hitch storage carrier led lights.

I adjusted the brakes and purchased numerous little RV items like sewer connectors/hose support brackets etc! We did take it to Palm Springs and the coast so we have two trips behind us. I am looking forward to a lot weekend getaways!
Vinyl graphics apply best with the use of warm water with soap.
Use only a couple of drops of liquid dish soap in a gallon of warm water, then use the solution sparingly on the surface on which the vinyl is to be applied. The term "Decal" can be a bit misleading when describing automotive type vinyl graphics.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #7

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Quote:
Phil, I didn't use any soap, I just layed the decal on. The paper came off just fine. The door is off a bit, not much, just a bit. That's after 12 years of bouncing around the country.

Here's some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Decal on Air Con 1.JPG   Decal on Air Con 2.JPG  

Decal on Door & Air Con.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Now the front says Scamp instead of camp.
Looks nice Phil, but I kinda liked "camp," might have to go scrape the "S" off my trailer's decals now
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #9

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
Phil, I didn't use any soap, I just layed the decal on. The paper came off just fine. The door is off a bit, not much, just a bit. That's after 12 years of bouncing around the country.

Here's some pictures.
Thanks Joy, that looks like it was a challenge! I have a water heater panel to the left of the door. Not sure the vinyl would hold up very well on hot metal.

Tags
scamp