New Scamp owner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 1977 13 ft Scamp
Got three coats of poly on the new floor, finished all my cushions and working on the cabinets... almost done!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0408.jpg   IMG_0772.jpg  

IMG_0782.jpg  
Danielle Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #22

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Looks great!
On an unrelated note...I think the rope baseboards in your house is a really cool idea...Neat!
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #23

Name: mona
Trailer: Casita 16'
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Ash View Post
Hello! New member here. Husband and I just bought a 1977 Scamp that we are working on redoing. We started a blog about out progress and adventures (with pictures!). Thanks for the great forum, I'm sure we'll be asking some questions soon!

Our blog: Wide Open Spaces

-danielle
Dear Danielle, and talented husband,

I've been enjoying your Wide Open Space story and photos. Good Job!

Of course I can understand your problems and enjoy, with you, the solutions you had for them, as I (and my helpers) are restoring a 1990 Casita, 16'.

Casita 1990 was bought in Phoenix, Feb 14, 2009. It was in very poor shape, but when you fall "in love" you overlook alot.

One day, soon I hope, my Casita will arrive at my doorstep all tight and light and "new to me." I want to post photos, but will have to contact someone who is more experienced with computer pathways than I am.

The goal in renovation was light,tight,bright and weathertight. My tow vehicle is a Subaru Outback Wagon, 4 cylinder. Fortunately, my friends and former neighbors have a business that rebuilds interiors of air planes. They are using similar techniques in redoing the interior; wall panels, cabinet doors and inside doors will be made out of a material called "alumalite." All plywood sub floors were replaced and finished with vinyl that looks like tile. Insulation is a sandwich of reflectix, glued to interior walls.

Outside painting was done first. No reason, except poor planning. I was anxious to pull something that looked good.

I know how much you must enjoy keeping warm and dry in your "Dixie."
At 70+, tent camping is in my past, and the summer of 2011 will see me enjoying my new rig.

Thank you for sharing your re-doing project. Mona Simpson
monasimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #24

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 16
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Ash View Post
Just started on our wooden flor yesterday and finished painting the inside. It's starting to come together! Two pictures are the before and after paint.
Nice blog, your Scamp is coming along nicely! What did you use to paint the interior (particularly the kitchen cabinet/counter)?
Steve in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in TX View Post
Nice blog, your Scamp is coming along nicely! What did you use to paint the interior (particularly the kitchen cabinet/counter)?
Humm, hopefully Danielle will see your reply. She had Last Activity: 09-11-2010 10:13 PM
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp