New to campers 19' scamp "fifth wheel" - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #221

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Eddie did you pull your old 5er out of the barn yet?
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #222

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Are they both 15 x 22? I think I have 2 different sizes. I do like the escape hatch above my bed and as I love the roof angle as a great position for the Fantastic fan I'll leave that one.
Yep, same size. I probably will go bigger when I replace them, not sure I could fit in mine anyway, maybe if I had my arms above my head, I could get my shoulders through.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #223

Registry
If I remember right the one above the bed has an aluminum frame, it must have already been changed.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #224

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I moved the 5er to the front of the barn. I'm still looking for the keys to it. The door lock is not an issue but the P.O. placed a chain around the battery with a padlock on it. I guess I need to start looking for the bolt cutters. It will not take much to get it going. DW wants me to work on a 16 Casita I picked up this winter. I went to the F-burg. Va. RV show last weekend and Lil Snoozy is suppose to be at the Hampton Va. RV show this weekend. New is nice but it comes with a price.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #225

Registry
"New is nice but it comes with a price."

It's only money!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #226

I even spoke to Scamp about the new big bed 13 std, but like you say it has a price. I am down to 4 trailers now but DW wants the Casita on the road next but the 5er can be road ready in a day or so. My goal is to get down to one trailer.
Eddie
Old 03-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #227

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
I even spoke to Scamp about the new big bed 13 std, but like you say it has a price. I am down to 4 trailers now but DW wants the Casita on the road next but the 5er can be road ready in a day or so. My goal is to get down to one trailer.
Eddie
Road worthy but what about that plumbing?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #228

Went out after lunch and started on the 5er. I could do a whole thread on how not to repair a floor and replace a table mounting wall board. Bottom line rear dance floor removed and after dinner I will cut out the new floor board and paint the frame rails. I found a Scamp water tank and I have a pressure pump OH to install. I am also going to move the power cord and water inlet to the curbside. Might as well install LED tail an running lights while the wall foam under the seats is removed. I also ordered front and rear window seals from scamp. The trailer has no holding tank, Scamp has 26 Gal tank and plumbing available but I'm sure their shipping is out of sight.
Eddie
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #229

Kansas
I have my old tank, if you want.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #230

Jared
See P.M.
Eddie
Old 03-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #231

Kansas
I cut the backsplash for the other side. The double sided tape didn't hold on the first one, so I'll have to get some adhesive for it.

I found a sign that will probably go on the new bathroom door. I'm thinking of making the new door like a 50's swinging kitchen door.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:09 AM   #232

Registry
Jared: Nice sign!

Eddie: Sorry I didn't mean to be your conscience, LOL!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #233

Registry
How are you cutting that back splash?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #234

Kansas
Quote:
How are you cutting that back splash?
Well, if you're going with the waves, you just have to score it a bit, then bend it over to snap it. If you're going across them, then you pretty much have to cut through it. The instructions say you don't, but you wrinkle it trying to bend it against the waves. I'm just using a utility knife.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #235

Registry
Is it a laminate? I was thinking a metal/stainless.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #236

Kansas
plastic
Old 03-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #237

Registry
Must be some kind of heat proof plastic. You did say it was designed as a backsplash.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #238

Steve
The the PO had done a H/A floor repair. I had a Holmes " Do it right Moment" and pulled it all out. I guess ther other 5er projects on the board put me in the mood. This was the first Scamp floor I have worked that had a 3/4" rear floor most are 5/8", must be a 5er thing. The storm slowed me down a little, I needed to get a 3/4" piece of plywood today.
Tomorrow I'm going to the Hampton Va. RV show and check out the Snoozy again so add another day to the project.
Eddie
Old 03-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #239

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
"New is nice but it comes with a price."

It's only money!
AND, you can't take it with you. Spend your kids inheritance. They won't appreciate it as much as you do.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #240

Kansas
Well, I've been working on it, but nothing interesting. I'll bore you with pictures, anyway.

I have most of the 110 AC side rewired. The only old wire left is the one running to the air conditioner, and the fluorescent light (behind the wall covering, can't replace them). The rest is new 12ga wire.

I ended up replacing all the outlet boxes also, as most were broken out, and didn't support the wire. You can see an example of the old box on the counter here. I used old work boxes to replace all of them.

New fridge outlet:

This one will allow me to plug an extra electric heater in (you can see the bracket for it on the shower wall), and I can also plug my phone in at night and put it in the cabinet above the bed. If I put a tv in, it will use this outlet, also.

New bench outlets:

I modified the water heater support to fit the PD4045 converter under it, and cut out some of the fiberglass on the cabinet. I wanted to mount it upside down for more fan clearance, but they said that could create problems with heat, somehow. It will still have enough clearance this way. I'm also wiring the 12v side through a 6 pole trailer connector. If I need to pull the converter for room to work later, this will make things much easier. I left room to install 2, but don't think I will need the second one.

I still need to get a junction box and another outlet and box setup to put one on the front of the couch.

In addition to 30 amp service, I now have all the circuits separated.

1 - Main breaker
2 - Outside outlets
3 - L/H Dinette outlet
4 - Fridge/110v light/R/H Dinette outlet
5 - Air Conditioner
6 - Water Heater
7 - Bunk and couch outlet

The water heater isn't wired in yet, I'm waiting on a custom matching engraved brushed aluminum 12v Water pump and 120v Water heater switch panel with green LED's.

I also installed a master switch for the 12v lights. So far, I usually have all of them except the bunk lights on at once, and I hate running around to turn them all on and off. Now I can do it with one switch.

I also had to take the furnace out to run the wiring, and also to do the new water lines later.

Tags
scamp