New to campers 19' scamp "fifth wheel" - Page 16 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #211

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Ah, I actually have four circuits for the left side, water heater, ac, electric fireplace, and the exterior outlet/cabinet outlet. The right will have two, fridge, and two outlets. I'm debating splitting the right outlets into two circuits, as one will be the microwave, but the other will probably be low draw, anyway. I'm leaving the service entrance on the left, because I don't want a hole to fill, so I would have that going over, also.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #212

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
I'm running all 2 of my outlets on one circuit and the AC on one. My television, fridge and all lights are 12v. I might splurge and put another 110 outlet on the curbside. I do however have to run 10 gauge for my solar. I'm thinking of closing off my back vent and cutting a 14" hole for a fantastic fan on the angle to the front hump like KamperBob has done on his, very nice!

Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #213

Kansas
Do you have a vent above the bed? I have that and the rear one. I thought about two fantastic fans, one pushing, one pulling.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #214

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared J View Post
Do you have a vent above the bed? I have that and the rear one. I thought about two fantastic fans, one pushing, one pulling.
I do have the two weird sized vents/escape hatches. Bob installed his fantastic fan on the angled section of the roof and it is positioned perfectly to blow right into the sleeping compartment. I don't particularly want to cover the rear vent but I'd like to add another 100 watt panel. At approx $100 each it doesn't hurt to have a little overkill for those cloudy days. Also I need covers for those weird sized vents and they are over $50 each. Might as well seal one and put in the fantastic fan.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #215

Kansas
Are our vents bigger or smaller? Hopefully smaller…
Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #216

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
I do have the two weird sized vents/escape hatches. ... Also I need covers for those weird sized vents and they are over $50 each.
Quote:
Are our vents bigger or smaller? Hopefully smaller
The common vent size is 14" square. My guess is that Steve is talking about the much larger hatch - large enough for a person to use as an escape route if the door is blocked - used by Scamp on various models. Other discussions (just do a Google search in FiberglassRV for "scamp escape hatch") mention it; the Scamp parts store lists 15"x22" and 18"x25" covers.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #217

Registry
Mine has one standard 14" vent but the AC is installed on that one. The other 2 vents, above the bunk and above the rear table are escape hatches. To use either one you would have to rig it some how.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #218

Kansas
Quote:
Mine has one standard 14" vent but the AC is installed on that one. The other 2 vents, above the bunk and above the rear table are escape hatches. To use either one you would have to rig it some how.
Yeah, just checked mine. I have the 15x22 from what I can figure out. Darn, both of mine need to be replaced.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #219

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
On the older Scamps the escape hatches had plastic frames. The frames will crack and leak and the cracks are hard to locate until the frame is removed. Since the plastic frames are smaller, when the dome needs replacing it better to take that money and add a little more and just replace the complete hatch with the slightly larger aluminum frame hatch.
Eddie
Old 03-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #220

Registry
Quote:
Yeah, just checked mine. I have the 15x22 from what I can figure out. Darn, both of mine need to be replaced.
Are they both 15 x 22? I think I have 2 different sizes. I do like the escape hatch above my bed and as I love the roof angle as a great position for the Fantastic fan I'll leave that one.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #221

Registry
Eddie did you pull your old 5er out of the barn yet?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #222

Kansas
Quote:
Are they both 15 x 22? I think I have 2 different sizes. I do like the escape hatch above my bed and as I love the roof angle as a great position for the Fantastic fan I'll leave that one.
Yep, same size. I probably will go bigger when I replace them, not sure I could fit in mine anyway, maybe if I had my arms above my head, I could get my shoulders through.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #223

Registry
If I remember right the one above the bed has an aluminum frame, it must have already been changed.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #224

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
I moved the 5er to the front of the barn. I'm still looking for the keys to it. The door lock is not an issue but the P.O. placed a chain around the battery with a padlock on it. I guess I need to start looking for the bolt cutters. It will not take much to get it going. DW wants me to work on a 16 Casita I picked up this winter. I went to the F-burg. Va. RV show last weekend and Lil Snoozy is suppose to be at the Hampton Va. RV show this weekend. New is nice but it comes with a price.
Eddie

Tags
scamp