New to campers 19' scamp "fifth wheel" - Page 28 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #379

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
It's not the frame leaking, it's leaking between the window and the frame, where it seals.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #380

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
That's even easier if you can pop the windows out of the track. Replace the seal and make sure the drain holes in the track aren't plugged.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #381

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Jared
What are your plans on covering the back wall. I just cut the ensolite from around the table support board and now the board is covered in refletix. I have bought carpet and vinyl to cover the area you exposed but the surfaces are real irregular and difficult for the thicker material to conform to. Refletix and rat fur still are an option to cover the larger area I guess.
Eddie
Eddie
Old 04-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #382

Kansas
I'm going to get new ensolite.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #383

Kansas
I got one tank mount done tonight.

The pump is roughly where it will be mounted.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #384

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
Nice, that's a far better system than the simple over the top strap that mine has.

Also I went over and looked at my bathroom window and no drain holes or removable windows. It cranks out as a single piece and has a simple seal around the interior.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #385

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Looking good Guys. I am going to use these under my pump (Anti Vibration Mounts - suspension mounts, wheels, leveling feet, bumpers, grommets, pads) along with the air bladder and I am going to fabricate the rubber mounts. So that they integrate with my cabinet mounting points so hopefully they absorb the mechanical vibration of trailer movement and wont tear out any anchor points or round out any rivet holes. I'm structuring or will try to structure so that the only rivets on the top of the egg will be with the vent. Hope to use a modified representation of what Bob Johans does on his custom renovations (if it works). Right now the vision is in my head.
I am way behind you guys in work done but am enjoying my progress at my rate. Other things keep getting in my way even though I dont punch a clock anymore.

Got my new lock in the mail yesterday. Wow that thing must weigh 5 pounds but really nice lock.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #386

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Since I have the back wall pulled apart I ordered this light the other day to go under the rear window. I also ordered a clear back up light. I don't think i will hook up the 3 light ID light function.
Eddie
USA Made Tecniq Red Hi Mount Center Brake Turn ID Bar 11 LED Light Trailer Truck | eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:SEMK:US:LISTG
Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #387

Texas
That is a cool light and much better then the strip lights that I was going to mount above each square LED light below. This would only be one center strip. Cool. I know I have seen the sequential turn signal strip lights somewhere. They flash like three times sequentially in the turn direction and then go solid. Same for brakes, both sides flash 3 times and then go solid.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #388

Kansas
That's what the Lincoln zephyr tail lights that I put on the scamp, do. A little odd at first, but it works.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #389

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Curious which clay target games you fellers are engaged in? Let's see, load one or two for skeet, one for 16yd trap, two for doubles, two for sporting. The international versions are similar. I've seen a novelty 3-shot trap game which would demand a pump or autojammer and that's about it for shooting crockery. Stacked tubes or autoloaders (one chambered, one in the mag tube) are pretty much the norm for sporting clays but there are a lot of shooters with sideXside 2-holers at sporting clays events, particularly at the various "Vintager" shoots.

jack
Old 04-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #390

Kansas
We don't get that serious. Load up 5 at a time and have fun. We usually shoot 150 rounds each. We do clays and a skeet tower.

The plumbing is almost done.

R/h tank, valve is to drain the tanks. I'm going to put deck hatches in the tanks so I can clean them, but that's for later.

L/h tank, I used an expansion plug to cap off the fill tube.

I ran out of hose to finish this last run. I'm joining the two tanks with two 1/2" hoses, that should keep up with half of a garden hose while filling, I think.

Under sink setup, pump and strainer is in.

Since I have 4 1/2" hoses running across the back now, (2 tank, shower hot/cold), I needed a better way of keeping the hoses neat, than just leaving them loose. Since I plan on an access hatch in the future to fit kayaks, I also wanted the hoses and wiring protected well. I ended up with a piece of 2" aluminum channel, and 3 dowel rods to cover the hoses. The wiring will lay behjnd it. When I'm done for good, I'll replace the wing nuts with nylocks.

I'm going to order this filler and try it first. If I don't like it, the other one is bigger, so no problems. This should fit the curve better, and since the fill hose is pretty horizontal, this should help, being a top fill.

If it works well, I won't bother installing the valve between the city water and the pump inlet, to fill the tanks off the city water.

I'm waiting to do the vents to see what size fitting is on the filler I end up using.

Now onto finishing wiring. I need to run a positive cable from the battery distribution block to the converter, a negative from tr battery distribution block to a negative distribution block by the converter, and from that to the converter. Then I need to do water pump wiring, lighting neutral, and furnace wiring.

It's slowly getting closer…never figured I would be working on it for 7 months.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #391

Texas
How are you going to fit a garbage disposal under there? Thanks for all the pics and ideas JJ.

Nothing like a Saiga-12 if you are in to it
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #392

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I usually shoot about 3 or 4 squads of skeet on Sun. morning. Trap occasionally; SC not very often any more. Don't care much for social shotguns; old Winny m12 suitable for all occasions. Or Ithaca 37.

jack

Tags
scamp