New to campers 19' scamp "fifth wheel" - Page 31 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #421

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Oh, the pump should have a check valve in it.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #422

Kansas
Well, after a recluse bite, jury duty, 80 hour work weeks, a backed up sewer, and replacing the once used, just installed electric fuel pump on the tractor, its time to get back to the camper.

The reality is, it will not be done in time. It will be done enough to drag along, though. Such is life, at least I have a hardshell over me, and heat/air conditioning. Maybe water, we'll see. Likely no cabinet doors, highly unlikely propane will be hooked up.

I got the curtains back from mom.

I also installed the final water line, just need to put the fresh water filler in, and that side of the system will be done and ready for leak checks. The L/H tank is attached to the R/H with 2 1/2" hoses, hopefully that will let them fill evenly with one fresh water filler.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #423

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Wow what a time you have had recently. Most important of all is your health all else is secondary. Hadnt heard from you in a while and was getting worried. You have done a heck of a lot in a remarkably short time and like any project that I start its never done. As you said you have a roof over your head and its all up hill from here. Good luck and keep posting pictures. BTW how is your arm doing.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #424

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
Question, On the original water setup from Scamp on the side towards the rear of the trailer I have a small approx 2 1/2" by 2 1/2" black box like piece with hose nibs. It's connected inline but for whatever reason mine is leaking. I'm considering removing it altogether. Any idea what the heck it is? I imagine it must be some type of flow valve. I may have to take some pics. Glad to see that you've survived all your #@#?%&.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #425

Kansas
My am is healing well. It looks like I'll have a 1" scar. Still have an 1/8" deep hole in the middle, yet.

Steve, I think you're referring to a strainer for your pump. They're $5ish, I think. You can see it on one side of my pump in the under sink picture, whatever page that is. I just got a new one, wasn't worth the time to look at the old one.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #426

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Its looking great, Jared! I guess life just sometimes gets in the way of what we've planned.
Attached Thumbnails
fearitself_fullpic_2.jpg  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #427

Kansas
Well, I put city water to it today, what a mess. Ironically, the 4 fittings I was most worried about, were quite literally the only ones that didnt leak. My pipe dope was dried up, so I used Teflon tape and reasoned with myself since they were spendy brass fittings and not Chinese iron pipe, it should be fine. *SIGH*. You would think I would learn. So, I tore the whole system down and redid it with Hercules real-tuff.

It's been holding 90 psi with no leaks for 4 hours so far. Before I fill the fresh water tanks and check that side of the system, I'm going to redo all that, also.

I also cranked out the awning. Other than knocking out a few (old, thankfully) wasp nests, no problems. It's in great shape, and took less than two minutes to set up, and the same to roll it back up. It's 9x8. So, I just need to replace the screws that hold it to the mounts (they all fell out on the way home, no idea why it stayed up there), and that will be good.

Ignore the growing junk pile of old camper.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #428

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared J View Post

It's been holding 90 psi with no leaks for 4 hours so far. Before I fill the fresh water tanks and check that side of the system, I'm going to redo all that, also.
Jared:

No RV ever built was designed to withstand the variations of water pressure that one may encounter when out-and-about. That's why every RVers kit should include one of these- eight bucks at an RV place near you!

Water Pressure Regulator

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #429

Kansas
Brass fittings, house water filter, 250 psi hose, stainless clamps. The only thing that might not be rated is the faucets themselves, they didn't show a pressure. Even the fresh water pump is 65 psi, iirc.

If the rv fixtures won't take it, that's a simple fix.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #430

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared J View Post

Ignore the growing junk pile of old camper.

A man has to have his priorities you know, LOL!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #431

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Thats a picture of my camper in the foreground that I gave to Jared and told him NOT to replicate.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #432

Kansas
Well, I got off work at 2am, and proceeded to remove the aluminum window trim, and rip off some of the old door upholstery so I could drill out where the rivets were with a 1/4" drill bit. I gorilla glued oak dowels in so I can put the trim back up with screws.

Now for 3 hours of sleep, then removing the door, door handles, and hinges, so I can have it at the upholsterers by 8:30 am…

The weekend goal is to wire up the brakes at the axle, install the gray water tank, remove the fresh water tanks, fix the plumbing joints with dole instead of tape, and fiberglass in the new bench and table wood supports.

I have somebody picking up the cabinet doors to paint them for me, don't have the time.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #433

Kansas
Door is done:

I reamed the hinges and bushings out to fit m8 hardware, the door works much better now:

I got the new cooktop, it's just thrown in place to see how it looked, it needs a new line to install it.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #434

Registry
WOW! Looks real sharp!!!! What was it that you did with your hinges? I ended up ordering new ones.

Tags
scamp