New water tank and exterior tank fill "door" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #1

Name: Katrina
Trailer: Trillium 1300 1973
British Columbia
New water tank and exterior tank fill "door"

We are looking to get a new water tank. Any ideas of cost and where to look first?

Also the fill door on the outside of the trailer is gone, well the flap part is gone. The frame is still there. I saw some on Ebay by Bargman but not sure how to check if it will work for our '73 1300. They are all about $25 each plus $25+ for shipping. Seems steep. Any locations in Canada that you know of to get these parts? We are in Vancouver.

Thanks for any info!! You guys are great!
Treedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Katrina, you might want to give Escape Trailer Industries a call. They work on all brands of fiberglass trailers and actually made the Trillium for a year or so under contract. They should be able to help you or point you in the right direction for a water tank supplier.

You should be able to find the water fill door at just about any RV shop - a number of them out in Langley or there is a big parts department at Fraserway RV on Annacis Island also a small shop in North Vancouver called North Shore RV Center who will order in what he doesnt have. Here is an RV PARTS CATALOGUE which might help you determine what you actually need and who makes it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
We just bought a water tank -- it arrived yesterday -- for our Surfside project trailer. Cost was about $145 with custome fitting locations and shipping from PlasticMart. I thought their service was very good.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #4

British Columbia
Thanks for the info Peter and Carol!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterh View Post
We just bought a water tank -- it arrived yesterday -- for our Surfside project trailer. Cost was about $145 with custome fitting locations and shipping from PlasticMart. I thought their service was very good.
Darn it Peter you really have to stop rubbing it into the less fortunate Canadians here who would end up paying the same cost in shipping as the tank is worth!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I am parting out a 1973 1300. I can sell you the water tank, and filler. I plan to get into the trailer, this weekend, with a spray bottle of bleach. I will post pictures of the filler, and tank.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Pictures, as promised. The top half of the trailer is hooped, but it looks like the bottom half was in the shade for most of the time.

The inside of the tank is probably the cleanest part of this trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium 1300 - Water Filler - Closed.jpg   Trillium 1300 - Water Filler - Open.jpg  

Trillium 1300 - Water Tank.jpg  
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #8

British Columbia
Thanks David. We do have a water tank, it's just old and kinda grody looking. Do they clean up well enough using bleach? Our water filler cover and flap (the missing flap) are square and don't look like that one at all. Funny how they used different parts for the same model? Maybe ours had been changed along the way? But all of our covers are a square frame. Thanks though!!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #9

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
My opinion. If you're not going to use it for drinking or dishes, try and clean the old one. If you are, I would replace it. I didn't like knowing what had been festering in my tank. For a $120 ($240 for me, I put two in), it was much cheaper than a hospital visit. Just my $.02. I only fill mine from home, and I put deck plates in my tanks so after I drain them, I completely dry them out with a towel.

I drink from mine, I don't carry bottled water.

I got my tanks from rvdirect and dyersonline, along with almost all of my other parts.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #10

British Columbia
Lol! Yes much better than a hospital visit!! Thanks Jared. I'll look into those places for a new tank.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #11

Registry
Katrina, installing a deck plate (found at most marine stores) as Jared did may be a lot simpler and cheaper than buying a new tank simple because the old one is dirty. If you put in a deck plate onto the top of the tank you will have no problems reaching into the tank and giving it a real good strub out as needed.