New Windows for 1975 13' Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #15
Trailer: 1977 Boler 13 ft
Hey Pascal thanks for the reply the windows look great. I was talking to Kent from Sunview Industries and he told me to cut out a circle with a 7 inch diameter and that equals a 3 and a half inch radius which is the same as the bends in the corner of there windows. I did that trying not to make the window any wider so i wouldn't interfere with the lip of the closet. So when you hold the 7" circle template to eliminate the 90 degree corner it raises the overall height of the window by roughly 5 and a quarter inches, a little over 2 and a half top and bottom. Just wondering if you did that it seems like i'm adding quite a bit of height. Was there much of your 90 degree corner of the old window opening left behind the new window trim. Also the trim ring on the inside that clamps to the outer part of the window. Do you know the width of it im just wondering how much room I have to spare between my closet and the rough opening.

Thanks Johnathan

Johnathan Gallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
Name: Pascal
Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
British Columbia
The trim on the inside extends 3/4" beyond the hole. These are all questions I was asking back in December when I was dealing with Kent. In answer to your question, the corners extended roughly 1/4" beyond the hole but I did cut the holes as tight as I could. I used a Dremel Trio with a carbide bit to cut the holes, it worked great. Just make sure you have an extra bit because mine broke on the last window and I could only find a steel bit (the last of the cutting with the steel bit was painfully slow). Here are some pics of the inside, I had to trim about 1/8 of an inch off of the closet fiberglass (again the dremel worked great).
Attached Thumbnails
image-1916978239.jpg   image-311985678.jpg  

image-1177465000.jpg   image-380757627.jpg  

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote