Well, day is done with work on the Minit.
I have to say, and no offense to those of you that smoke. but, smoking is a disgusting, nasty habit and it leave gross layers of tar on the walls and ceiling.
I went through 4 buckets of water and half a bottle of Greased Lightning cleaning the walls and ceiling tonight.
But, we got it done and it is now drying. Tomorrow, we are going to do another wipe down and then work on some painting
. Hubs has to cut some paneling to try to fit into the curving at the ends. That should be interesting as wood doesn't bend very well before it snaps but the wood that was there was ruined and had to be removed.
Water had gotten in and had for some time it looks like and it ruined it.
The previous owner was a nasty person and obviously didn't appreciate this awesome camper. It is sad.
So, we are trying to remove the damage done (and the nasty smells that he left behind). Clorox is helping with the smells.
I will post more photos of our progress. Keep in mind, this is a diamond in the rough.
We are shining it up though.
Oh! I forgot to mention, inside the camper is a butane light
. It still had the original asbestos shield on it. However, the light
itself was broken at some point and is gone.
So, we are going to remove it all together. I don't feel comfortable using that anyway.