Newbie....what is ratfur... - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2017, 07:12 AM   #41

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan of Shark View Post
I have a 1984 Companion that I bought two years ago and have taken on a few trips. The previous owner had taken everything out down to the bare fiberglass. I'm DEFINITELY putting in marine headliner over insulation. Bad condensation problems that not only make things uncomfortable, but can lead to other issues.

Visited the Scamp factory last fall, and know what I need to do. Hope to have it ready to put back on the road by July.

Just starting to strip out previous owner's efforts. He made it work for what he wanted, but his ideas just don't work for me.
Joan, when you start this project, please start a new thread and document with lots of pictures! THAT would be invaluable to others. Especially the ones that want to remove what is currently in their trailer and reapply something different.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #42

Name: Joan
Trailer: Companion
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Joan, when you start this project, please start a new thread and document with lots of pictures! THAT would be invaluable to others. Especially the ones that want to remove what is currently in their trailer and reapply something different.
I am documenting the process on my blog. I started a thread here yesterday with links to the pertinent posts since there are other things on the blog besides the trailer. See http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-78219.html

Thank you, Donna! I joined this forum when I bought the trailer, but haven't been on too much. Discovered last fall that I have a real life friend here too, and am moving into the "beyond brainstorming" phase, so I'll be here more.
Joan of Shark is offline   Reply With Quote