No Dump Porta Pottie - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #29

Name: lyle
Trailer: Trillium
Michigan
Registry
Originally, I was going to mount the maserator outside. But the macerator was smaller than I thought and it easily fit under the seat alongside the toilet. It also looked better to drill 1 inch hole in the trailer for the exit hose than a 1 1/2-2 inch hole for the intake hose. Also and more importantly, because the toilet slides out from beneath the front seat, it was easier to find a flex 1 inch hose than a flex 1 1/2 hose.
One thing I haven't mentioned is that (paranoid fellow that I am) I'm a bit nervous about the hoses, clamps and connectors that are all that stands between me and a really, really messy accident should one fail. One good thing about the good old-fashioned Porta Pottie is that they are simple.
My next iteration is to mount the toilet such that it does not have to move which should make it less prone to failure. Fewer moving parts and all.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #30

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I installed a Macerator in my scamp with an * gallon black tank and the 26 gallon gray,
Here is a picture of the macerator under the drivers side floor front.

I took the pump apart and turned the outlet where it would go through the floor and through the cabinet to the reel in the next compartment.

Here is the powered reel for the discharge hose 1" There is a ball valve on the end and an elbow to make it sit in the dump port.
There is about 20 feet of hose on the reel and the electric motor winds it back up.
The white and blue hose is the drain line from the shower drain pump on the curb side under the floor.

Above is the dump valve and the valve to the macerator pump from the front feed. The rear has a similar tap and valve.
I made the 2" tap by cutting into the 3" line with a hole saw and gluing and building it up with ABS cement and ground up ABS

Old 03-12-2016, 11:28 PM   #31

Michigan
Registry
Nice. Did your Scamp already have a bathroom? What type of toilet did you use? Do you have a black water holding tank? Where did you put a 26 gal grey water tank?
Old 03-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #32

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
My Scamp had a side bath and it was too low to even think about for my wife.
The floors were rotten etc.
The black tank is below the bath floor in a space I added when I remade the front of the frame especially for the new front bath.

The finished bath looks like this

This whole project was driven by the wife's desire for headroom in the bath and twin beds so one didn't have to climb over the other to use in the middle of the night.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #33

Michigan
Registry
Wow! I'm just making little changes. You just Re-did it all! Something like what you did is my ultimate goal.

Tags
trillium