Off to chop up the Burro - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2006, 07:22 AM   #15

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Rog, I already did that.. It's a transformer deal..

I put the wheel on the tongue jack and crank that sucker up as far as it will go!

Works great in a crowd of Harleys.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:28 AM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Looks GREAT Gina! You must be one determined lady to work in this heat The most I could accomplish yesterday was turning the pages of a novel.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #17

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Very impressive Gina!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #18

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Ah, Gina - what a terrific job with your mod! It looks wonderful and seems to be such a practical improvement for the way you use your Egg.

Hmmm - what Donna said, too ... so much energy in the heat! We spent most of yesterday helping a son & dad team (from the Sacramento area, where it was 119 or something!) with preparations to haul our '55 Spartan restoration project which they are "adopting". Phew, had to take lots of water breaks in the shade or in the house with the swamp cooler churning our coolness. We are glad this gem will shine again ... we just ran out of resources & inspiration at the same time.

It was a pleasure to meet face-to-face at the Gathering, and wish there had been more time for just visiting ... future meets and other campgrounds down the road, eh?

Take care & don't melt! L 'n D
Old 07-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #19

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Wow! Gina, that looks spectacular. I especially love how you did the pillows with the cording. Very cool! The whole modification looks professional.

And your dogs are sooooo cute.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #20

Name: Jaye
Trailer: Scamp
Maine
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to jaye580
Quote:
Don't look at that Porta Potty and junk under there. Pete will be making me a dust ruffle shortly.
It looks great Gina and is such a better use of the space in my opinion (unless the kids are bigger than your little furry ones!!)

Regarding the mess under your bed ... LOL... this is what I did to disguise mine- 1/2 yard of fabric and one tension curtain road and voila!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dust_ruffle.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	4186

Yes, it has the dreaded sewing, but just a few very basic straight seams! OR... I just happened to think, if you used a couple more of those rag rugs I'll bet you could just weave the tension rod in between every few inches and have no sewing at all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	idea.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	4187

Jaye
http://www.facebook.com/jayeded
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #21

West Coast USA
Registry
I used one of the rag rugs to hide to potti when it was under the gaucho. Unfortunately, the fit is so tight under there that a pole is out of the question. Even a small scrap of carpet under the pot to make it slide easier lifts it just an enth too high to get it under there.

I will use some of the red leather to fashion a ruffle..

unless Pete has a better idea

It can still be made into a bed, no problem. I don't generally have kids with me, the two legged kind, but if need be, it's there.

Now, I have to find a place in the tiny house to store the gaucho cushion!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #22

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Don't look at that Porta Potty and junk under there. [b]Pete will be making me a dust ruffle shortly.
Quote:
I used one of the rag rugs to hide to potti when it was under the gaucho. Unfortunately, the fit is so tight under there that a pole is out of the question. Even a small scrap of carpet under the pot to make it slide easier lifts it just an enth too high to get it under there.
How about if you used adhesive to attach one part of a velcro strip to the front edge of the table top / bed platform, and staple the mating part of the velcro strip to the edge of the rag rug?
No sewing, no lack of clearance problems... E-Z P-Z
Old 07-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #23

West Coast USA
Registry
Thought of that, and I can sew enuff to add velcro LOL!

I don't want to do anything to permanently disfigure the table. The wood is so pretty and may be a selling point, should, heaven forbid, I ever sell it.

A spring rod across the whole front there, higher up, might work tho.

Perhaps I can think of a way to use my new DREMEL tool to do this...I am much better with power tools than a sewing machine...

My second thought was to somehow use those last pretty cubby covers to make a set of hinged doors there. Thats a lot of work, but doable. Would actually look classy too.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:10 PM   #24

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Now, as mentioned earlier.. I can't sew.. the flying monkeys are better at it than me..

BUT, even tho I have this female domestic malfunction, I CAN do what ALL women can do from birth. Wrap Presents.. I used this ingrained skill to cover the pillow foam.

Using rag rugs and red cording, I made little packages. Everything is double knotted and tied at the junctions. It will be holding together for the cockroaches to enjoy after the holocaust

Attachment 4168

Thanks Liz.. an offshoot of the rug idea comes to life!

GREAT job Gina! I don't sew very good myself,but I have 3 girls that do it all,go figer on that on.........just to add to the fun 2 of the girls & myself can use All of their Dad's power tools( now that he is retired he builds furniture for them) better than their husbands as well as do basic auto up keep( you know change oil,flats etc...) The oldest girl just does all girl stuff, teaches school ,and trains dogs (don't know what happened to her) So I can still say Girl Power Rules...LOL!

Everything you have done looks GREAT! Oh yeah..love the Red. Lynn M
Old 07-31-2006, 11:23 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
Nice Job, Gina. It looks like something I would like to do after the kids get big enough to use the tent. They'll want to be out there by then, anyways.

Candi
Old 08-01-2006, 12:21 AM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
looking goog gina......
Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #27

West Coast USA
Registry
Somebody here (Maybe it was Liz) said that the front table mod was the songle most useful and practicle improvement one could do to a 13.

I used it this weekend and can wholey agree!

My mornings went far better, not having to make up the table and re arrange the counter that stored everything at nite. The "kids" thoroughly enjoyed the extra spread out space I made JUST for them (Thats what they think, anyway) and I was not pestered by thier shuffling and whining to be right where Mom is. (It's hard to say no to all that extra room, they jumped up and settled in and stayed put)

It actually decreased set up and strike time as most stuff did not have to be moved from or to the floor. It stayed put and was only accessed when needed. I got in late friday nite, and didn't do full set up. I just leveled and chocked, pulled out the bins, set them outside, made a small dinner and crawled into bed.

No re arranging anything! It was drizzly and since I don't do fires, I was inside a good deal of the time. Had plenty of room and no work. I like that!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #28

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Gina

I love your new decor and dinette mod. You really did a beautiful job.. and I also love the look of your packaged back rests.

You might think about a valance that you can purchase at K-mart or Wal-mart... That's what we used for quite awhile. We just purchased a spring rod and put it through the valance and it was done.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new mod...

Carol

Tags
burro