Off to chop up the Burro - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I used one of the rag rugs to hide to potti when it was under the gaucho. Unfortunately, the fit is so tight under there that a pole is out of the question. Even a small scrap of carpet under the pot to make it slide easier lifts it just an enth too high to get it under there.

I will use some of the red leather to fashion a ruffle..

unless Pete has a better idea

It can still be made into a bed, no problem. I don't generally have kids with me, the two legged kind, but if need be, it's there.

Now, I have to find a place in the tiny house to store the gaucho cushion!!!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #22

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Don't look at that Porta Potty and junk under there. [b]Pete will be making me a dust ruffle shortly.
Quote:
I used one of the rag rugs to hide to potti when it was under the gaucho. Unfortunately, the fit is so tight under there that a pole is out of the question. Even a small scrap of carpet under the pot to make it slide easier lifts it just an enth too high to get it under there.
How about if you used adhesive to attach one part of a velcro strip to the front edge of the table top / bed platform, and staple the mating part of the velcro strip to the edge of the rag rug?
No sewing, no lack of clearance problems... E-Z P-Z
Old 07-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #23

Registry
Thought of that, and I can sew enuff to add velcro LOL!

I don't want to do anything to permanently disfigure the table. The wood is so pretty and may be a selling point, should, heaven forbid, I ever sell it.

A spring rod across the whole front there, higher up, might work tho.

Perhaps I can think of a way to use my new DREMEL tool to do this...I am much better with power tools than a sewing machine...

My second thought was to somehow use those last pretty cubby covers to make a set of hinged doors there. Thats a lot of work, but doable. Would actually look classy too.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #24

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Now, as mentioned earlier.. I can't sew.. the flying monkeys are better at it than me..

BUT, even tho I have this female domestic malfunction, I CAN do what ALL women can do from birth. Wrap Presents.. I used this ingrained skill to cover the pillow foam.

Using rag rugs and red cording, I made little packages. Everything is double knotted and tied at the junctions. It will be holding together for the cockroaches to enjoy after the holocaust

Attachment 4168

Thanks Liz.. an offshoot of the rug idea comes to life!

GREAT job Gina! I don't sew very good myself,but I have 3 girls that do it all,go figer on that on.........just to add to the fun 2 of the girls & myself can use All of their Dad's power tools( now that he is retired he builds furniture for them) better than their husbands as well as do basic auto up keep( you know change oil,flats etc...) The oldest girl just does all girl stuff, teaches school ,and trains dogs (don't know what happened to her) So I can still say Girl Power Rules...LOL!

Everything you have done looks GREAT! Oh yeah..love the Red. Lynn M
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:23 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
Nice Job, Gina. It looks like something I would like to do after the kids get big enough to use the tent. They'll want to be out there by then, anyways.

Candi
Candi Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:21 PM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
looking goog gina......
Dan Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:11 AM   #27

Registry
Somebody here (Maybe it was Liz) said that the front table mod was the songle most useful and practicle improvement one could do to a 13.

I used it this weekend and can wholey agree!

My mornings went far better, not having to make up the table and re arrange the counter that stored everything at nite. The "kids" thoroughly enjoyed the extra spread out space I made JUST for them (Thats what they think, anyway) and I was not pestered by thier shuffling and whining to be right where Mom is. (It's hard to say no to all that extra room, they jumped up and settled in and stayed put)

It actually decreased set up and strike time as most stuff did not have to be moved from or to the floor. It stayed put and was only accessed when needed. I got in late friday nite, and didn't do full set up. I just leveled and chocked, pulled out the bins, set them outside, made a small dinner and crawled into bed.

No re arranging anything! It was drizzly and since I don't do fires, I was inside a good deal of the time. Had plenty of room and no work. I like that!
Old 08-01-2006, 10:26 AM   #28

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Gina

I love your new decor and dinette mod. You really did a beautiful job.. and I also love the look of your packaged back rests.

You might think about a valance that you can purchase at K-mart or Wal-mart... That's what we used for quite awhile. We just purchased a spring rod and put it through the valance and it was done.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new mod...

Carol
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #29

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Sexy, very sexy!

Yes it twas I that came up with all those wonderful ideas, yes it surly was.

My dust ruffle came from the 99 cent only store, whacked it to size and attached with thumb tacks. As Fred says EZ PZ.

You must get a red porch light.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #30

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Looks great Gina. If I had kept my front goucho model I had wanted a front dinette also. Definately the way to go.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #31

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Looks great Gina. If I had kept my front goucho model I had wanted a front dinette also. Definately the way to go.
Gina,
Would you be able to post pictures of your TV setup and your heater? We're trying to figure out the best way to do these things in our Burro. Right now we're using the table (like yours) for the TV, but we'd like to find a better way.

Also, we tried our propane catalytic heater while in Yellowstone and found that it caused the walls to drip water! Would a small electric heater be better?

Kevin
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #32

Registry
Hi Kevin,

here is a link to the heater and install

Wave 3 heater

The TV install pics were lost in the hack, but I could try more.

The one I got is no longer made and it was an eBay closeout thing.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #33

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Hi Kevin,

here is a link to the heater and install

Wave 3 heater

The TV install pics were lost in the hack, but I could try more.

The one I got is no longer made and it was an eBay closeout thing.
Thanks. Your plans are very good! Our Black Cat does a nice job for quick warm-ups, but I'm really concerned about the condensation inside. Does anyone have one of those small ceramic electric heaters? I know you would need a plug-in or a generator, but these should solve the condensation problem, I think.

Kevin
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #34

Registry
Kevin, I use a cube heater when I have AC and no, they don't leave any condensation.

With a Cat heater, you need to leave one or two windows cracked about an inch. This is not only for your safety, but it also helps with the condensation.

I leave the one in the door by the heater cracked, and the one above my head when in bed.

With me and 2 dogs, the condensation has gotten really bad anyway, especially if it's raining out. Leaving the windows open helps quite a bit.

It' the nature of propane.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #35

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
Really nice looking mod, Gina!

Just this morning I was thinking about Gina sitting in my front dinette at Bandon and talking about needing one of her own. I guess she wasn't kidding!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #36

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Gina,
We like our front table too. I bought a TV tray and suggested that we cut the legs off a chair, but I bought a set of chairs on ebay that didn't fit. Kevin A (my hubby) found a set at Goodwill. He ordered swivels, took the legs off the chairs and attached it to the front supports. Walmart proviced the chair pads. We just lift them off when we need to access the storage, but we would like to make doors like you did.
Those front mods are really great, aren't they? I love your reds.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00083_1.JPG  
Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 PM   #37
Kym

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Boler
Gina I love the front dinette mod idea. You did an excellent job. I just recently (3 weeks ago) bought my first 78 Boler trailer and I just love that idea and now want to do that in mine as well. Thanks for the creative idea.

Kym
Surrey, BC

Kym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro