official redo, pg. 1 (boler) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Boler
here are some pictures of the boler? i just picked up.
i havent done anything to it yet, but have a lot of things in mind for its "remodel".

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
my plan of attack starts electrically.
i'll be adding a maring deep cell battery or 2 to the trailer, and wiring them through a converter. i'll also wire it to the trailer light plug so i can charge it while driving.

i'll be removing the 120v lights, and replacing them with a couple of 12v flourescent lights so they will work with or without electrical power. i plan also to remove the hand pump style faucet, and install a "demand" pump, and faucet.
i also plan to "cut in" a shower faucet for use on the outside of the trailer. for now it will be cold showers, but i'll figure that out down the road.

i may add an suv type small tv with in dash am/fm/cd/dvd player with one of those ceiling mounted flip down monitors that swivel. we'll see how that one goes..

my wife is in charge of the decorating. i have no idea what she has in mind at this time. we'll see.
i'll continue to post pictures as this trailer evolves. feel free to post up opinions, suggestions, or whatever comes to mind.
Attached Thumbnails
tn_IMG_8866.JPG   tn_IMG_8871.JPG  

tn_IMG_8867.JPG   tn_IMG_8869.JPG  

Erik J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #2

here are a few more pictures.
now, off to the store for a battery or 2.
Attached Thumbnails
tn_IMG_8868.JPG   tn_IMG_8874.JPG  

tn_IMG_8872.JPG   tn_IMG_8873.JPG  

Old 02-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #3

here are a couple of pictures of my intended tow vehicle.
i obviously wont be towing through this type of terrain. i'll be leaving the boler at the trail head, and continuing on to the trail.
Attached Thumbnails
tn_IMG_4767.JPG   tn_IMG_4754.JPG  

Old 02-24-2006, 10:26 PM   #4

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Eric, it looks like you're taking on a great little challenge! Nice Wrangler too; but everyone knows that real jeeps have round headlights!

I have towed small trailers behind a '79 CJ-7 and an '81 Scrambler and I don't recommend it. When things go wrong towing they go wrong fast. When things go wrong towing with a short wheelbase tow vehicle like a jeep, you're history. You won't have time to recover.

Good luck!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler