Ok ok, here ya guys go...pics! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #1

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1978 Boler 13'
Ontario
Ok ok, here ya guys go...pics!

Hey guys and gals, thanks for the warm welcome in the "hi" thread. Here are the pics:

Missing the front cover, anyone know where I can get one?

Wonder what happened to the original fridge? Seems like someone put in a newer/smaller one, and used a peice of wood as a gap filler, ugh. Going to need to do some research on fiberglass repair.

Will need to purchase foam and make some covers, I've heard foam isn't cheap. Anyone know if there are new ones to purchase online?

I haven't seen any pics with bolers having yellow sinks before:

The two side windows stick out about 1 inch in the trailer, and have white foam around them...I'm assuming that's not "stock".

The back window has a slider, which has been caulking shut, ugh.

Well look who we've got here, my greyhound Bella! She's the supervisor!

Well, I know...it's a bit of work, but I think I can do it So, anyone have cushion/curtain color ideas? I'm pretty much starting with a blank slate, not too sure what to do...keep vintage theme, or go a bit more modern. Ideas?
Yamaha_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: Scamp
South Carolina
Registry
Looks like you've got yourself a great start there.
Brian Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
You can get brand new cushions from Scamp.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I see an awning rail and a porch light.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #5

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
You can get brand new cushions from Scamp.

The pale green and blue ones? I did see those, but they are not quite colors I'm interested in...and kinda $$
Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Congrats!

Head for a rally. You will be given lots of ideas either in the trailer tours or through everyone's friendly desire to help.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #7

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
maggie----you've got yourself a nice little project there. have fun and keep us up to date with more photos as you progress.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Love the jalousie windows!! My trailer has sliders, so if its raining, I can't open em without getting sprinkled.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
For most of your parts, gravel guard, cushions, and anything else you might need I suggest that you call Scamp. They may be able to offer you more options than the green, blue and brown covers. Ours are plaid browns. They will also send you fabric samples. You might also be able to buy just the foam and make your own covers. I believe Scamp foam will fit Bolers.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #10

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
For most of your parts, gravel guard, cushions, and anything else you might need I suggest that you call Scamp. They may be able to offer you more options than the green, blue and brown covers. Ours are plaid browns. They will also send you fabric samples. You might also be able to buy just the foam and make your own covers. I believe Scamp foam will fit Bolers.
That would be fantastic, I'm going to call for sure...a bit worried about shipping costs though, we'll see.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #11

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
North Dakota
Registry
I can't wait to see your progress, always enjoy learning from others!
2005 Chevrolet Extended Cab Silverado
Tezha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #12

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezha View Post
I can't wait to see your progress, always enjoy learning from others!
So far I have:

1. Removed, sanded and painted the cabinet doors.
2. Removed, sanded and painted the wooden seating covers.
3. Ripped out the sink, since I don't have a water tank figured why not...I'm use to tent camping, the boler is just a dry place to sleep off of the ground.
4. Ripped...err butchered out the light above the sink.
5. Partially ripped out the stove (deathly afraid of propane, had a classmate severly burned when a propane tank exploaded).
6. Painted most of the walls with killz primer.

I'd have a lot more done, but this weather is terrible here.

I've decided I'm going for the "retro modern" look. Walls will be off white, same as with the interior fiberglass, cushions will be brown, pillows will have some green color to them, with retro squares.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Maggie, yours is in better shape than some we've seen. Make it safe to go down the road and clean, so all the incoming dirt is YOURs... then get out and use it! Consider it a hard-sided tent until you can get everything done precisely the way you want it.... even if that means saving the money. Don't go half-cheap or you'll regret it due to dissatisfaction later because you wasted money. Sleep on an airmattress if you can't afford foam right now. As you said, you're a past tenter.

Best of luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #14

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Talking Lots of work there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha_gurl View Post
So far I have:

1. Removed, sanded and painted the cabinet doors.
2. Removed, sanded and painted the wooden seating covers.
3. Ripped out the sink, since I don't have a water tank figured why not...I'm use to tent camping, the boler is just a dry place to sleep off of the ground.
4. Ripped...err butchered out the light above the sink.
5. Partially ripped out the stove (deathly afraid of propane, had a classmate severly burned when a propane tank exploaded).
6. Painted most of the walls with killz primer.

I'd have a lot more done, but this weather is terrible here.

I've decided I'm going for the "retro modern" look. Walls will be off white, same as with the interior fiberglass, cushions will be brown, pillows will have some green color to them, with retro squares.
The weather has indeed been a negative factor in getting tasks completed on the trailers. We are also going retro with oranges and maybe some browns and greens and if I can talk my wife into it a little purple

About the propane don't be too scared of it, as long as you follow all the safety procedures and leak test all fittings with a soapy water mixture from a dollar store spray bottle you shouldn't have any problems.

GL
Rick n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #15

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Yamaha Gurl...it's me, Honda Woman!

I hope I'm guessin' right, and we're talkin' motorcycles! If not, forget my Caption, above...

Just in case you might be interested, I've got the REAL RETRO plaid bolt(browns/tans/yellow) for the front of the cushions and a tan naughahyde fabric bolt for the underneath of the cushions.

It's brand new material, still on the bolt and from an upholstery shop which went out of business.

Let me know if you might be interested in them. I can give you a good price, certainly better than what it would cost in today's market.

Good luck with your little eggie...looks very CUTE!

BB
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #16

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I've got almost a full set of cushions, with a few extras. Might be a good match with bbuehlers material.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #17

Name: Brian
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Ontario
Yamaha girl my wife and I ordered the covers direct from Scamp. We live in St. Catharines. We got the blue which looks a little more grey to me now that we have them. I think if you hold blue next them it brings out more of the blue and grey more of the grey. We were thinking of getting our own material but I think by the time you get someone to make them it isn't much cheaper unless you can do it yourself.
If you get them make sure to tell them you want it shipped US Post. If they use UPS you get charged an extra 60 or so bucks for a so called brokerage fee that UPS charges on top of the duties and taxes.
Never thought of asking for a custom colour from the Scamp people. My wife thought she just wanted a solid colour and that it may have been even more. Should have asked about the price difference.
By the way the prices you see on Scamp are the prices! Minnisota state law doesn't require them to charge taxes for anything they ship out of state.
So here's what we got 1 set of covers--$290
1 inter dome light--$10
Postage and fees--$50
Canadian
Duties and taxes---$42.54
Total cost= $392.54
It was pricey but the new covers look great! They told us delivery would take 2 to 3 weeks and they were here in about 5 days!
Hope this helps in your decision making.
Brian
Brian in Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #18

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Maggie you might want to consider just putting a door on the space under the fridge and use it for storage rather than trying to fix the figerglass. Lots of people have done that.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote