Okay, admit it! You all photo shopped those perfect pics! - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
I have seen the "pics" of the cute little mods you all have done, and the beds are all perfectly made up...yeah, right! With much sweat and grunting the three, count them, three times I have made up my bed in my Scamp, my bed NEVER comes out perfect! And I am a perfectionist! Soooo, I want to know, did you all photo shop the perfectly made bed pics, get special sheets & blankets made, or is there some secret I don't know? I am still sweating! You all must divulge your secret so I can stop feeling inferior

Old 04-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #2

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
I find it best to take a trip to the washroom or walk the dog while my wife makes up the bed. After which I'm not allowed to go anywhere near it.
"Don't you touch/sit on that, I just finished making it and I don't want to have to do it again"!!!!!
Even when we used a double size sleeping bag she spent a lot of time smoothing it so that it looked good.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
I can't get mine tight either, no matter how hard I try. Mine are full size sheets and they are way too large, hanging down when made so far I have to raise the sheet's edge up to see what I have stored underneath. I would prefer it be tighter but there is nothing in front to tuck them into...so they hang. Fitted ones would be nice but I have this single set, so...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 1981 Burro 13 ft
Hi Monica,

I try to straighten up the part of the bed against the back wall, WHILE I'm still in it. No room to tuck, so I just fold under.

Face it, we're trying to fit a square peg (sheets), in a rounded hole!

Personally, I find the somewhat disheveled look of it rather inviting. Everyone seems to comment with, "that little bed sure looks comfy"!

Enjoy!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #5

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Scamp
Great Post! I too got the sweats from trying to make it look so perfect. I actualy have two dunas now, (feather comforters) and they are kinda poofy anyway, and they keep us the MOST warm all year round, so when we make up the bed its kinda just a poofy look...ive given up on smooth...

Southern california for now? where you headed? you should come up to the PNW!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #6

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
I can't make the bed shipshape, and probably couldn't on a ship, either! What I think looks the worst is the sheet hanging down too low in front- that improved when I threw a thicker mattress into the trailer but until I buy some 3/4 sheets they are still too large.

Hmm, photoshopping the picture so the bed looks good.. I'll have to try that!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Great Post! I too got the sweats from trying to make it look so perfect. I actualy have two dunas now, (feather comforters) and they are kinda poofy anyway, and they keep us the MOST warm all year round, so when we make up the bed its kinda just a poofy look...ive given up on smooth...

Southern california for now? where you headed? you should come up to the PNW!!!!
I am glad I am not the only one!

I need to change that in my profile, I went full time on the 2nd of this month! I am now in Livingston, TX, waiting to get my vehicles inspected on Wed after I have some things repaired, added on Mon. so I can become a Texan, then off to AL to visit my family!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #8

Well, it is good to know that I am not the only one. I have started just putting the sheets around the 3" foam pad, easier, but still not easy. I think mine looks cozy all frumpy too, but I wanted to take some pics to send out when I first got my new bedding and I couldn't get it perfect.

Now we need to hunt down those that posted perfect pics and ask them what photo shopping software they use
Old 04-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Holy Poop, Batman! How many man/women-hours of your lives have you people spent making beds?

I just use a twin fitted bottom sheet and sleep under loose covers (sheet in Summer, fleece blanket in Spring/Fall, open sleeping bag in Winter), which are folded when I am feeling some OCD, otherwise randomly piled. I had enough making of beds in the military!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #10

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
One thing I do that saves some gymnastics...
I lift the cushion on my left til it looks like this \_ put the fitted sheet on, put it back down. Reverse on the right (driver's side) _/ Still have a little gymnastics tucking in front and back.
A few months ago, I bought a four inch "down alternative" "feather bed" to top the cushions. Now, a mattres cover stays on the cushions, and I make up the feather bed only, tucking only the top sheet and blankets into the crease between the left cushion and the camper wall. I fold down and under the extra sheet & blanket at the back wall of the trailer for neat appearances, (don't really know why I bother....old habits die hard, I guess. I believe you understand, or you wouldn't have posted the question in the first place -smile-)
Still don't think it looks photo shopped perfect, but it works for me.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #11

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
Monica:
Here's how I make our bed look good: In Photoshop Elements look along the vertical bar of tools on the left, find the clone tool and click on it. Pick a spot with the cursor where you like the look of the bed, hold down Alt as you click on it then pick a spot that looks a bit rumpled. Click on it and the rumples go away.
Much better than fretting over a rumpled bed. I learned how to make a bed in the Army but I have not tried it since (Spanish-American war, as I recall) and I find the Photoshop method much better and oh so geeky.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #12

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0002_1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	19718

Picture 1... you can't see the edge
Picture 2.... Everything is tucked in and just a valance showing.
....and I still won't go near it for fear of.....
Attached Thumbnails
New_look.jpg  
Old 04-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Monica:
Here's how I make our bed look good: In Photoshop Elements look along the vertical bar of tools on the left, find the clone tool and click on it. Pick a spot with the cursor where you like the look of the bed, hold down Alt as you click on it then pick a spot that looks a bit rumpled. Click on it and the rumples go away.
Much better than fretting over a rumpled bed. I learned how to make a bed in the Army but I have not tried it since (Spanish-American war, as I recall) and I find the Photoshop method much better and oh so geeky.
I knew it, I just knew it!

Now, how do you get that one part to look perfect for the original pic?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #14

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Bluebonnets photoshoped (not)!

Joyce made a fitted bottom sheet for the Walmart Spa mattress and then a top sheet that is fitted on the curb end of the mattress. Making the bed is fairly simple and then the quilt is laid on top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC_058X__Medium_.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	19728

CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote